The File [2/3]

I lift my head from a cold, rough surface and look around to notice that I laying in the middle of the highway. I furrow my brows as I question why there are no horns honking or tires screeching. And then I realized that the majority of the cars there on the road were on fire some had corpses in them and some didn't. Some parts of buildings were completely scorched and deteriorating. There's not a single whimper or scream and I could hear. Everyone was dead...

I hear A constant home of an engine and turn my head to see the car that I rented. The car was sitting in park and figure came out of the car, they figure that I recognize to be Bucky Barnes. "What are you doing here?" "I told you I wasn't going to leave you," "You should've. Look at me. Look at this. Look what I did. I'm a monster, James," "Not any more of a monster than I am."

"Come on," He adds as he lifts me off of the ground. He carries me into the car and drives us to the airport. The entire car ride, my focus was outside of the window, replaying all of the burning corpses that I saw on the pavement when we drove through the city. I despise myself for having this power. So many people have died from it. Innocent people. Even before I became an assassin, people have died from it.

Tears prick my eyes and trail down my cheek. I can feel Bucky's gaze on me, but neither of us chose the say a word. "You hungry?" He asks softly. I shake my head no and soon after he pulled into a small food market. He comes back with two bags of food and he hands me a sandwich. "In case you change your mind,"

I gently take the sandwich away for him and murmured a thank you. I meet his soft gaze for at least twenty seconds before he looks away and continues to drive to the airport.

**

Sighing with exhaustion as we walk into my house, my AI greets me. "Hello there, luv." "Hey," I mumble. "You see glum, would you like me to run you a bath?" She asks. "That would be great, thank you." "Would your friend like the same thing?" She asks. I look over at Bucky to see him looking all around the house in pure awe. Like he hasn't seen anything of the sort before.

"James-" "It's Bucky," "Bucky, right, sorry. Do you want the AI to make you a bath?" "Uh, no thanks," "do you want me to show you around?" "That would be amazing," he says, his eyes lighting up like a child in a toy store. I chuckle before motioning him to follow me.

**

Bucky is someone who is really easy to be a roommate with. He is nice, clean and great with communication. The occasion issues that comes up are his nightmares, him fighting me because he doesn't recognize me in the dark and him not talking a lot of the time. But don't get me wrong, he is amazingly good looking.

Whenever he would spend most of his day in the gym, there was a pretty good chance that I would see him shirtless, in a black tank top, or his hair pulled into a cute little man bun. Right now is one of those days. I walk into the gym to see him lifting weights. He is completely shirtless and wears black sweatpants. His tan, sweaty muscles flex under the light. He grunts with every lift, which sends a very impulsive effect on my body.

"Bucky?" I say softly. He sets down the weight and turns around as he reaches for his towel. Jesus, this man was sculpted so perfectly. "Yes?" He says. My brain all of sudden forget what I was about to say. "Um.. I forgot what I was about to say. Sorry." I say nervously. "Don't be. It happens all the time." He walks passed me and made his way to the treadmill.

"What did you want for dinner is what I was going to ask you." I say, watching his back muscles move with every stride. The things I would let this man do to me. "I'm up for anything." Anything huh? Stop, Y/N. Get yourself together. "Would pasta work?" "That would be great," He says breathlessly. He glances over at me with a soft smile. My God, I gotta get out of here.

"Okay, bye." I say, making my way towards the door. "Hey Y/N," "Yes.." "Thank you for your hospitality... but I think I've become much of a burden. I'm planning to leave by the end of the week." He says. "Burden? What makes you think that you're a burden, Buck?" "Because I almost killed you last night." "Bucky..." "I had my hand wrapped around your throat, Y/N. I could have snapped it and you wouldn't be here right now."

" I let you do that because I didn't want to use my powers and accidentally kill you." "I'm dangerous for you. I provoke you in ways that no one shouldn't." "But I'd rather you be here and provoking me than outside and in danger." "I'll be fine, Y/N." He says, stopping his running on the treadmill momentarily. "Well if that's what you want, then you can do it. I can't force you to be here." I say before walking out of the gym.