Ocean Eyes [2/2]

Y/N's POV:
"Reggie, calm down. You ended up here because I brought you here. You were walking along a secluded road and the roads were slick because it had just rained. And I feared that you wouldn't have made it until morning. I asked you some questions and you were so out of it. I couldn't just leave you ever unable to defend yourself."

His breathing is shallower now, and I add, "I understand if you want to leave and I apologize if I overstepped any boundaries. But if you want to stay, there's breakfast in the microwave downstairs." He clenches his jaw as he tries to think of his response. "I'm sorry, you're just.. you're absolutely beautiful, beauty is overwhelming. It's why I can't form actual sentences when I'm around you." He states as he combs his hand through his hair.

"Thank you," I say with a smile. "But I, uh, I appreciate you looking out for me. And um, while I have the courage to ask. How do you know my name?" "Oh there have been rumors spreading around about you." I watch with amusement as his eyes widen with shock. "I-I swear, none of the rumors that are going around are true, I promise you. There are girls in the school who-"

"Calm down, I'm not one to believe everything that people say. I'm the kind of person who likes to experience things for myself." "But um, I'm going to put some clothes on. So, meet you downstairs?" "Yeah, sure." He says as he closes the door. He thinks I'm beautiful, huh?

A few minutes after I get dressed, I meet Reggie downstairs to see him completely devouring his waffles, bacon, eggs and French toast. He stops once he sees me approaching him and I say, "oh no, don't stop on my account." "This is really good," he says.

"Thank you," "Now, I should probably take a look at your wounds." I add. "No, you don't have to do that." "I could tell that the previous cuts that you had, didn't heal properly and started to scar. And I know you like to pay keep your face scratch free, so..." I trail off.

"Well you're definitely right about that," He says with a chuckle. "Good, I'll get a first aid kit." He remains sitting down and I slowly step in between his legs. He leans up to face me and I pour some alcohol on his cheek and he winces. He grabs onto my waist and squeezes, making me gasp. "Sorry," He says, pulling away from my waist. Which is suddenly something that I subconsciously didn't want him to. Once I finish putting on the neosporin, i put some bandaids on the cut.

"All done," "Thank you," "No problem," I say, staring into his eyes for a little bit longer than I should. "Wanna go for a nature walk?" I ask, pulling away from him. "What's that?" "You'll see come on."

**

Reggie and I's friendship have blossomed ever since I took him in one night he was drunk off his ass. I would support him at his football games and help him with his classes like the little nerd that I am, and he reminds me how to have fun.

School ended forty minutes ago and I was heading to the gym for dance practice when a crowd of football players walk passed me. "Hey there pretty mama," One of the football players commented. "Hey," "When are you going to let me take you out on a date, huh?" "Mmm, a little bit later than never," "Whoa, looks like someone's got jokes today," He says as he pushes me against the lockers. He pushes my duffel bag off of my shoulders and boxes me in.

"Leave me alone, I'm trying to get to practice." "Reggie seems to be into you. Like a lot. And I'm just trying to understand why. Other than the fact that you are literally drop dead gorgeous." He lifts my shirt up slightly to slide his cold hands on my stomach as he tries to kiss my neck. I slam my hands on the crease of his elbows and knees him in his balls.

I run away from the gym and continued to run until I ran into a firm chest. I look up to see Reggie's dark brown eyes and subconsciously wraps his arms around me. "Y/N, are you good?" I try to take as many deep breaths as I can so I could explain what happened but the air just wouldn't go in. "Okay, Y/N, you need to calm down. Breathe."

"I ca.. I can't." I wheeze. I was having an anxiety attack. My body was shaking and my knees grow weak.Reggie caught me before I could touch the ground. "Y/N?" Shaky breaths leave my lips and I subconsciously grab onto his hand. "F-f-football-ball," "Football? What about football?" "Players," I get out. "Football players? What did..." he trailed off when he looked into my eyes. It's like he completely read my mind and his eyes harden with anger.

"Those sons of bitches, who are they?" I point to the doors and he says, "Stay right there," "No, don't leave me." "I'll be right back. Just stay here." With that he sprints through the doors, and all I heard was yelling and punches being thrown.

Third Person POV:
Y/N drives Reggie to her house after he decided to fight an entire crew of football players. "Why did you do that, Reggie?" I ask as I sat him down on the couch. "I had to defend your honor. I couldn't just.... Let them get away with what they did." I take out and open the first aid kit.

I tend to his cut on his cheek as I say, "But you couldn't have waited for Mad Dog or Archie? You had to take them on your own?" "Hey, at least I lasted longer than I thought I would." "And I'm not saying that you didn't. I'm just saying that you should've waited. You shouldn't have acted on impulse." I dab some alcohol on his cut following the Neosporin.

"You're really scold me for protecting you?" I stop what I was doing and stared into his eyes with disbelief. "No I'm scolding you because the screw gone way worse than it did and you could've had a worse injuries and you did. I'm scolding you because I care about you." "And I did what I did because I care about you."

"Well I think it's both established that we both care about each other." "Yeah.." He trails off as his eyes move from my eyes to my lips. He kisses me softly and I pull away slowly. I find myself straddling his lap and cupping the side of his face as I kiss him. He squeezes my hips and I push him further into the couch. He pulls away from my lips to kiss my neck as I comb my fingers through his hair.

"Hey Y/N, I'm home. What's for d- whoah, that's a sight." I hear Y/S/N say. I jump off of Reggie's lap and say, Y/S/N! Hi, I um.. I don't know what's for dinner yet. Any suggestions?" I ask. "I can stay over a friends house if you need the house to yourself." "Um," I start. "Yes, that would be great. I'll be more than happy to drop you off." Reggie says. "Reggie! Y/S/N, you don't have to go if you don't want to." I state. "Oh I want to go alright. I'm not cock blocker and I do not want to hear you screaming and stuff when he goes down on you, so I think it's best for my ears and sanity, if I stay over my friends." She says.

"Okay, well, pack a bag. I'll drop you off." She nods before walking to her room. I slap Reggie arm and he groans in pain. "What?" "You can't just shove her off like that." I scold. "I'm not, she wanted to go. She said it herself." He wraps his arms around me and buries his face into my neck. He left warm kisses down it and find myself leaning into him and sighing softly. "Ew! At least wait until I'm gone for that. Jeez." Y/S/N scolds.