Chapter 6

JENNIE

Irony. That would be me and the girl from the bakery shop, that now I know her name and her name is Jisoo. Jisoo that hit me with her car while I was finishing my sift and then I found myself at the hospital with a broken leg and a concussion. Irony people. Big irony.

When we exited the hospital Mr. Yanni was holding Ella and Jisoo was helping me walk. She didn't try to say anything but neither did I. I couldn't help but notice the difference in her face. She seemed kind of different from when she was coming at the bakery. I don't know what it was but I didn't care. I would stay there for three days and then I was out. Jisoo would continue her life hoping that she won't kill another person, not that she killed me, but anyway.. Hoping that she won't kill another person and I will continue mine with Ella. Simple as that.

"Jennie let me help you get inside the car."

"I got it. I am okay."

"But your leg. How are you going to get inside? Let me help you."

"I said no. I am okay."

"But.." I didn't let her continue. I got inside and I was screaming from pain because I hit my leg on her car. Just fuck my life. I have to stop being so stubborn. But don't tell anyone that I said that.

"Are you okay?"

"Just awesome. Amazing. I never have been better my whole life. Superb. Just. Fucking. Awesome."

"I think we got the message Jennie. Ms. Kim was trying to help you but you didn't want to." I only notice now that she's calling her Ms. Kim, so that means we have the same surname?

"Can we please go? I am not feeling well."

"Thank you Ms. Kim for taking care of her while we are going to be away. Once we are back we will take care of her. Have a goodnight."

"You too Mr. Yanni. Goodnight."

Ella was sleeping in the back sit. She was a heavy sleeper like Dahee. She didn't even hear anything of what we were saying. Thank God for that. All the way to Jisoo's house I haven't said anything. I was just looking outside the window watching the buildings disappear into the night. But sometimes I was catching Jisoo looking my way. I know I was being a bitch to her. She hit me but she paid for everything and now she was willing to take care of me.

"Thank you for.. you know.. paying for the hospital and willing to take care of me" I said while still looking outside the window. She didn't answer me back right away but I heard her taking a big breath and answering me back after a minute or so..

"It's okay. I hit you with my car so it was the least I could do. And it's not like I don't know you. You are not completely a stranger."

"Yeah. I guess."

When we arrived where I suppose she was living I stayed right there with my mouth open. The area was perfect. No drug dealers, no whores selling their bodies. I think it was the best area in the whole Philadelphia. But she was a lawyer.. Where she would stay? Where I am staying?

She opened her door and came right next to mine. I saw her debating if she should offer her help or not. I was a total bitch before. I looked at her and asked her if she could help me with my crunches. If I am not mistaken I saw a smile. But maybe I was wrong.

She took Ella in her arms and told me that she would come back once she took Ella upstairs. Indeed after 10 minutes she was downstairs helping me to get inside. Not that I needed so much help since I had my crunches but I wasn't used to them.

Once we got inside I saw the elevator. An elevator. Where we are staying there is none and I have to use the stairs to the third floor twice a day. Mr. Yanni was right. I wouldn't be able to take care of myself and Ella being like this.