Chapter 39

JISOO

Scare. A period of general fear. Fear. Concern or anxiety; Solicitude.

Those were my feelings all this long. I was scared of the unknown. Who was behind everything? I was afraid of my family. Jennie and Ella have been through so much already and now someone was making a very bad joke with us or was trying really bad to hurt us. Fifty people. Fifty potential people. Who might be? And what if it was someone else? All these questions were killing me and I was trying really hard not to let it consume me. One of us should be strong. One of us should have their mind clear. I have seen those things before. I put people behind bars. And now someone was really pissed.

Before I give everything to Detective Kang I made a photocopy of my files. I needed to read again and try to remember what the cases were. It would be a hard job to do but I wouldn't let anyone to hurt my girls.

Jennie was on edge. She didn't want to go to work and she wanted to keep Ella at home. She even told me to leave Phily and go to another city or state. She was afraid and I was feeling the same but what the detective told us, that day at the police station, was the right thing to do. We had to continue our lives. We needed to. If we let them hunt us then they would win.

I didn't want to call my dad but he knew people and he could help us. He was always someone I could count on.

I did call him the next day. I was waiting for Jennie to come home so we could be together and listen what he would tell us. Also my father already knew about me and Jennie. Three months ago we went to New York to see him. He knew who Jennie was but he didn't know what she was for me. I didn't know how he would react but he amazed me with his supportiveness. He told me something that every kid would like to hear in a situation like this 'I will always love you no matter what. You are my daughter'. I am not saying that he liked the idea of his daughter being with another girl but at least he was supportive. I wanted Jennie to be with me when I would tell him but she said that it was something between my dad and me. The next day my dad wanted to meet her and my little girl. We went for a walk at Central Park and those two hit if off immediately. Without Jennie listening to us he mouthed to me 'I like her'. That was all I needed.

When Jennie was home I made the phone call. My dad was an exceptional lawyer and he knew people that could help. He always wanted me to go and work with him but I wanted to do something on my own. And of course I wanted to be far away from my mother. My dad supported me for one more time. Sometimes I wonder why on earth he married my mom. I guess he knew better.

"Hey baby. Did you call your dad?"

"No, I was waiting for you."

"Tell him about everything Jisoo."

"I will. Don't worry. Okay?"

"Okay. So make that call."

I dialed the number and I was waiting patiently for my dad to pick up his phone.

"Hello princess. How are you?"

"Hey daddy. I am okay. Are you on a meeting or something? I can call you later."

"For my daughter I always have time." I heard him talking to some people excusing himself and then I realized that he was back to his office because of the door closing.. "Okay I am back. Sorry for that sweetheart."

"It's okay dad."

"So tell me.. How's work? Everything fine?"

"Work is good."

"Nice. And little Ella? How's Jennie?"

"They are ok. But.."

"Jisoo, tell me.. Is something wrong?"