Chapter 16

JISOO

I just couldn't believe in my ears what just Jennie told me. When I heard 'Jennie Kim' my jaw dropped. I didn't know what to think. The only thing that was coming to my mind was that she lied. But it was strange because I wasn't scared of her. Although she lied to me about who she was for a very strange reason I wasn't scared of having Jennie Kim inside my home instead of Jennie Kwon. All I was asking was why? Why she didn't trust me enough to tell me about who she was. And then she told me everything..

I was sitting right next to her listening to her telling me about her life. Who she was. What happened to her family. Ella. She was her sister's daughter and not hers and she wanted to give to that child everything. That made me like her even more. She was right. She was still the Jennie I knew but now I knew her past and who she used to be. The mystery to Jennie Kim was being discovered. And Jennie Kim sounded so much better than Jennie Kwon..

We sat there talking when Ella came from her room.. I am sure she was playing with the Wii I bought her on Christmas.. Although she wasn't my child or family I was so close to her and I wanted to take care of her. The same way I wanted to take care of Jennie. Am I crazy? Maybe..

Ella came and sat right next to me all bouncy with her beautiful brown hair and those baby blue eyes looking back and forth between Jennie and me.

"So did you tell her mommy?" and I looked at Jennie.. What could Ella meant? Jennie wanted to tell me something before this conversation started?

"Tell me what sweetheart?"

"Nothing. Ellaaaa" Jennie said and I was looking Ella and Jennie having a conversation with their eyes.. It was so cute to see.. These two were indeed mother and daughter..

"Mommy you were telling me about how nice Jisoo is with us. So did you tell her?"

"Oh, that.. yeah.. I did."

"No you didn't."

"Well Jisoo you are very nice for taking caring of us. We thank you very much." She smiled.

"Oh, you are welcome."

For a strange reason I thought that Jennie wanted to say something else. But maybe it was just my imagination..

The three of us sat on my couch talking about Ella's school and her crush on Eddy.. She finally admitted that to us.. But we already knew. I knew Eddy.. He was a nice kid. Like if Jennie and I would let her do anything with someone we didn't know.. And why on earth I was seeing us like a family? I really must be crazy..

Ella at some point fell asleep together with her mom. They were so cute and they suffered so much.. Jennie did a great job with Ella. She was a beautiful kid inside out. I couldn't even think the things that Jennie saw.. And still.. she was so perfect..

I took Ella in my arms and put her on her bed.. I gave her a kiss and when I was ready to leave I heard her saying something that made my heart skip 'I love you Jisoo'.. How much this phrase meant especially from a child.. I smiled and told her that I loved her too because I did.

When I got back to the couch Jennie was under the covers with her leg prompt on the table because of her cast and she had her arm outside too.. She seemed so.. I don't know.. I couldn't see her like that especially when I was sure that it was that asshole who did that to her.. I came close to her and put the loose curls that had fallen on her eyes behind her ear and kissed her forehead.. I had the urge to kiss her lips but I couldn't. I wouldn't.. So I just sat right next to her, waiting for her to wake up..

When she opened her eyes it was already 11pm and she was sleeping since 8pm..

"Jisoo?"

"Welcome back sleepy head."