Chapter 15

JENNIE

Strength. All these years I tried to be strong for Ella and me. I tried not to let the circumstances put me down. I was working to provide us with a roof for our heads, for food, for Ella's school. Even if that meant that I was wearing the same clothes for years. It was all for her. And now one moment, one person was taking my strength away..

When Suho hurt me that day I lost the ground down from my feet.. When he threaten me that he would kill me and Ella I didn't know if I should take his threat for real. He was drunk after all.. The days at the hospital I did nothing but thinking.. Thinking the worst scenarios.. What if I did press charges.. What if I told Jisoo about him.. What would happen?

Jisoo was there for me. Day and night.. Taking care of my daughter because I couldn't.. She was so nice to us.. And we were coming closer and closer day by day.. The Jisoo I came to know was so warm.. so beautiful inside out and when she was asking me every day about who hurt me I couldn't tell her.. I was afraid.. I was afraid if she would believe me and I was afraid of the outcome.. Pressing charges would bring us to court and I would have to face Suho.. And worst.. They would find things about me.. What I did when I was younger.. Who I was.. And Jisoo would find out that I lied.. She was so kind to us and I didn't want for her to find everything like that..

When I came back home I didn't think about Suho. All I was thinking was Ella and that I missed her so much..

"Are you ready to see your daughter?"

"Yes." I said with a big smile on my face..

Ella was in the living room sketching when we got inside.. The moment she realized we were home she left what she was doing and came right into me hugging my leg.. The one without the cast of course..

"Mommy.. I am so happy you are back."

"And I am so happy to see my baby girl. I missed you so much."

"Mommy, promise me that you won't get hurt again. Okay?"

"I will try my best."

"Ella, now let's help mommy rest. Okay?"

"Can I stay with you mommy?"

"Of course sweetie.. Jisoo thinks that I am going to sleep but I was sleeping for days now. I just want to talk with my princess."

I really missed her. She was my everything. And I wouldn't let anyone hurt her. I don't know if it was Ella that I was thinking when I decided to tell Jisoo about Suho. I don't know if it was the right choice to make. But if Suho hurt me then he could hurt Jisoo too. And I wouldn't let him put a finger on her.

"Okay. What the patient would like to eat?"

"I am not hungry Jisoo but thanks."

"I want macaroni and cheese Jisoo."

"Jennie you are taking three different pills and you need to eat something. I am going to make you some soup. Okay?"

"What if I say no?"

"I am not going to listen to you. So macaroni and cheese for the little lady and chicken soup for the patient. I'll be right back."

Jisoo. Jisoo became from an extremely beautiful stranger to a really close extremely beautiful friend. But the thing is that I was seeing Jisoo as something more. I liked her from the beginning and now that I was every day with her, now that I could see her caring side the feelings I had were growing to something more than friendship.

"So how is Eddy?"

"Mommy, stop.." and she blushed. I loved teasing her. And she liked her classmate. Eddy was a good boy. I knew who his family was.