Chapter 36

JISOO

An hour isn't much really. It's sixty minutes. 3600 seconds. Who is counting? Why I was feeling nervous? Maybe because Jennie was right and I felt that something was wrong with Bona's attention to me. I don't know why on earth she thought that we would be partners in my office. And actually I can't remember if I ever told her to come and work for me. But I do remember that I haven't said no when she told me she would leave her job. Naïve much? I know. I am.

She called me when I was ready to get inside the shop to find Jennie. I debated with myself if I should pick it up or not but I knew that she wouldn't stop calling me. So I did answer her back and that's where I am now. Waiting for her, at my girlfriend's work. Thank God Jennie didn't freak out when I told her.

"Hey baby, do you want something to drink?"

"No, I am ok baby.."

"She is late or it's just my imagination?"

"She is late."

"What do you think she wanted to discuss?"

"I think about the place she wants for us to rent."

"Have you decided yet?" I knew that look and that look meant that she was thinking. When she was thinking like that I hated it. She made me worry.

"Jennie baby, you will be the first person to know. I have it in the back of head to tell you the truth. But I need to talk to my dad first because I don't have the money."

"Okay.."

"Baby, Yanah is looking at us."

"Let her look. If she finds out she found out. I can't do anything about it. She knows I am with someone. What left for her to know is to find out with who I am."

"Bona.."

"No, Jisoo. I am with you."

"No, I mean she is here. She is crossing the road."

"Ohh.."

Jennie didn't leave. She stayed there till Bona was inside. When she got inside I saw she had a huge smile that actually fainted when she saw Jennie was here as well.

"Jennie?"

"Goodmorning Bona. How are you this fine day?"

"I am good. Thank you.." I could see the tension between those two. If I didn't know any better I would say that I was the apple of discord. Two women fighting over me.

"Now if you excuse me I have to go back to work. Tell me if you need anything baby."

For the first time she kissed me in front of her co-workers. Well, after that kiss I don't believe Yanah should worry about who Jennie was dating.. The whole shop found out.

"Ehm.. Is she working here?"

"Yes, is there a problem?"

"No. I don't have any problem."

"So, Bona. What would you like to discuss?"

"About the place Jisoo. You didn't answer my phone calls for the last couple of days and since the place was still out I called the guy and told him.."

"Wait, wait. You called the guy? Bona, I never told you we were going to be business buddies. I never told you that I was planning to open a practice office and I am sure I never told you to call anyone to hold it back. What is it that you are doing?"

"I thought that since I left for you from the firm.."

"You left for yourself and not for me Bona. I never told you to follow me. You wanted to come with me. I am sorry if you misunderstood me but I need a secretary and not a business partner. If I do rent the place you can be my secretary. Or else you can find something else."