Chapter 22

JISOO

I didn't expect all this.. I didn't expect to fall in love with Jennie and sure I didn't expect to find myself in a relationship with a woman.. It's not easy..

I could understand where she was coming from.. I knew what she has been through but I really wanted to help her.. She was so stubborn and she didn't want to hear a thing. Nothing.. It was like she put her walls up and that was it.. But what hurt me was how she thought of our relationship.. It's not that I wanted to move in with her right away.. Actually for a month we were already living together.. So what was her point? When she said what she said though I knew.. Before that we weren't together so now that we were it seemed different.. Maybe Jennie didn't want the same with me.. I left her there, without saying anything else and went to my room..

I tried to close my eyes and not to think what happened.. I tried to hold my tears back but I couldn't.. At 1am I received a text to my phone from Mark.. It was kind of strange for him texting me especially at this time.. I guess us lawyers don't really have a life..

'Jisoo, sorry for the hour but the boss told me that he wants all of us tomorrow at 6am at his office.. Don't ask me why I don't know.. I know you are on your sabbatical but now your vacations are over.. See you tomorrow'

6am? What was that important that we had to be at the office really early? And I really didn't want to go.. Besides everything that happened tonight, tomorrow I wanted to be with Jennie at the hospital.. But now it seems that I won't be..

I tried to sleep but it wasn't that easy.. Last time I checked the clock was 3am and I had to wake up at 4.30am.. Great.. I slept only for an hour and a half.. I would need more than two cups of coffee tomorrow..

I woke up, took my shower, made my coffee, dressed and was ready to leave.. I left a note to Jennie that I had to go to work and that she shouldn't wait for me because knowing how my office works I would come home really late.. I called a taxi for her and left..

When I arrived at my work I saw the bakery and immediately I felt nostalgic.. That's where I met her the first time.. A month and four days she's been in my life.. Why she had to be that stubborn?

I got inside my office and Bona was there too.. I guess Mark informed everyone yesterday..

"Hello Ms Kim.. How are you?"

"I've been better.. How are you Bona?"

"I am fine Ms. Kim.."

"Is everyone here?"

"Almost.. Mr.." she didn't finish because Mark was inside my office too.

"Jisoo.. Nice to see you.. We missed you here." where on earth he had that energy? Maybe he had a great night..

"I am sure. So what is this all about?"

"I guess we will find in about.." he said and checked his watch "Ten minutes. So.. lets go.. We can go together.. I am sure you forgot where the meeting room is."

"Very funny.. Lets go."

Indeed when we got inside almost everyone was there except the boss and another two lawyers.. All of us where there and I really couldn't explain why.. At 6am sharp everyone was inside and Mr Harland, aka the boss, spoke first..

"People, I asked you to come here today because we have a really big case and we need time and time is money.."

"What is this about Mr Harland?" one of the other lawyers asked..

"One of the biggest companies in the states asked for us.. There is a major problem with one of their factories and people sued them.. Now we are their defenders.. So we need hard work and don't even think to sleep.. there is no time for sleeping.. We start from now.. In front of you you have a file with all the information you need.. Work in groups, alone, I don't know what you need but this is our biggest case.. Now go."