Chapter 26

JISOO

Now I finally knew. I knew who Jennie was and what her past was. When my mom came and told me all that I didn't think for a second how she found all these information about Jennie. How she knew about her? But I guess when you are Nara Kim everything is possible. I could always do a background check on Jennie but that would invade her personal space. I wanted for her to find me, to be able to tell me.. And even though my mother was the one who brought this on us I was happy that I finally knew.

I never was okay with drugs. Even with pot. I just don't like them. Having Jennie confessing that she was doing cocaine got me. I never would have thought that she was the person she told me. Partying hard, fooling around, and sniffing. That person wasn't my Jennie.. I put everything aside though because I could see that she was scared.. She didn't know my reaction and I didn't even mine. But I had to sit down and listen to her. She deserved that.. I sat there, holding her hand and listening to her trembling voice telling me who she was and what she did. It wasn't easy.

The Jennie I came to know was a hard working girl, trying to supply with the every day's goods her daughter, trying to give her as much as she could and she was a very proud person. She was a beautiful 25 year old woman that I was madly in love with.. And that's why I let her past in the past. I knew she wasn't a drug addict, I knew she wasn't using now and that was the most important.

Jennie confessed her love to me. She said she loved me and at the end I couldn't hold it back. I loved her back. I loved her for a couple of days now.. And when she said that my heart skipped. It was a feeling I never felt before. I loved Jennie.

We sat for a couple more minutes on the couch holding and kissing each other before we went back to our bed. Tomorrow I would quit my job.. It didn't make me happy any more and I just couldn't defend some rich bastards that had the nerve to say that whatever they did was legal. I just couldn't. My boss wouldn't take it easy but it was my choice.. I would be jobless for a couple of days but we were good because I had money.

"Sorry for having to be early at home."

"Don't be. I am going to quit."

"What?"

"I will quit tomorrow. I couldn't defend people who were killing children. I just couldn't. In their faces I could see Ella and I just couldn't. I am going to give them my resignation later tomorrow."

"Are you sure?"

"I am 100 per cent sure. So sure as I love you too sure." It was the first time I was telling her I loved her.. Actually it was the first time I was telling someone I loved them and it was special because it was her and no one else.

"What?" she looked at me surprised.. I still remember when she said how I seemed to her. A cold hearted bitch.. But it wasn't me.. It was the scared me.. Now I wasn't scared anymore.

"I said, I love you too.." She didn't say anything.. She just cupped my face and kissed my lips whispering how much she loved me back. It was the greatest feeling on earth.

Going back in time I remember watching from afar the brunette girl at the cashier. Her smile and how beautiful she was. The same girl I hit with my car one cold night right before Christmas.. The girl who became important to me. A stranger who became a friend and then a girlfriend.. The moment I met Jennie my life changed for good. I had a family.

"I think we should go back to bed. You are tired Jisoo."

"Are you going to hold me?"

"Of course sleepy head. Let's go.. Your woman has to go to work tomorrow."