Chapter 7

JISOO

Sometimes you think you know people but they let you down. Sometimes the people you don't know make you feel special. Why is this always happening? That's why I was always alone. I learned to be like that. When your mom was the queen bitch you couldn't do anything. I learned to hide my emotions. I learned to be a bitch. I learned to not attach with anyone. And here I am.. I am starting to feel close to a person I don't know, a person that I didn't speak to till yesterday but yet she is with me for not even a day and I can't explain why I feel more close to her than my own family.. Than my own boyfriend.

Jennie was tough. When I was looking at her while she was working she was smiling and she was very kind to everyone. But seeing her outside her work, seeing her with Ella and being a bitch to me, not that I didn't deserve it, she really seems so different. But I guess so am I.

The day we came back from the hospital she seemed distant. I could see that she didn't want to be there with me. She was a very proud person and that made me like her even more. I wanted to take the risk and let my walls down. I don't know why. Sometimes you meet someone and at that moment something clicks. You know that with that person you will be friends or even more. That's what I felt when I saw her the first time. Past life? Who knows? The day that I accidentally hit her maybe it meant something..

When we got home the distance between us was nowhere to be found. Of course she wasn't the happiest person on earth but at least she was talking to me. I showed her where she would sleep and I gave her something to wear. She couldn't wear much with the cast on her leg. Probably only dresses and shorts and outside it was below freezing considering that it was winter.

When we told to each other our goodnights I forgot to give her her medicine. I thought that I would knock on her door but I came unprepared when I saw her with her bra. And she didn't even try to hide herself. She was just looking at me when I was trying to find the words to say what I wanted to say. She looked so sexy.. The moment that thought crossed my mind I left her room and got inside mine.

Next morning I woke up at 6am as every day. I waited till 7am to wake up Ella and then Jennie so we could go for shopping. Jennie and Ella didn't have any clothes with them and Ella was supposed to be at her kindergarten at 9 to say her poem. So when she woke up we said that we could go at Macy's and do our shopping.

When we did Ella seemed like she never been to a mall again. But she is a kid and kids like malls. And they had it decorated with Christmas trees and lights everywhere. It was beautiful. I have been here for some time and I never came here. I guess there is a first time for everything.

When I told Jennie that I wanted to buy something for Ella to wear she refused. I expected that from her. That made her who she was. But when she said that they were my alms that really hurt me. Of course, if Mr. Yanni was here he would be the one to take care of them but what I did wasn't because they were my community project. Ella was the one to bring us out of the bad situation and finally Jennie let me buy these things for the little one.

"Ms. Jisoo?"

"Yes Ella?"

"I think we should first go to buy something for mommy. She can't wear long pants because of her leg and I want her to be pretty at school. You know she is the most beautiful mom there but she doesn't take care of herself. She cares more for me. So could we please find something for her first?"

"Are you sure you are four?"

"I am three and a half. I will be four in.."

"Two months. I remember. Okay. We will go for mommy first."