☁️💘Don't Let Him Take Me (Todoroki)

He's Changed
Part 2

It's been acouple months now and you've heard nothing from Bakugo, you faxed the divorce papers to him in hopes that for once he'll be rational about things. You sit on the couch playing with (s/n)'s hair and leaning against Todoroki. (S/n) was doing some math work for school, trying not to pass out from how sleepy you were making him. A smile crawls onto your lip as his head falls forwards and jolts back up for the third time. "I think It's time he head to bed." You hum and tap his shoulder. He looks up to your sleepily and raises an eyebrow."What?" He signs, his pencil still in his hand. You laugh softly and watch as his eyes trail over to Todoroki.

"It's time for bed," Todoroki signs with a small smile also gracing his lips. You see, Todoroki also started leaning to sign when he heard about the incident with Bakugo. Though, he never really got to see you that much, because Bakugo always got jealous of him. Therefore, always tried to keep you as far away froTodoroki as possible.

(S/n)'s eyes widen and he panicks quickly writing down on his paper. You break out into a fit of laughter and grab the pencil from your son's hand. He tries to grasp it from you, but you tuck it under your arm. "Don't worry about this, I'll finish it for you." You sign to him and watch as his eyebrows twitch aggervated.

"That's cheating!" He signs aggressively. "I'm no cheater, mom!" You smile brightly at his responce and ruffle his hair. You hand him his pencil back as he rolls his eyes with a smirk.

Todoroki sits back on the couch watching the scene play out with a smile written across his lips. He can't help, but to feel lucky to be apart of this small family. Even if he wasn't blood to the small boy, he still feels deeply connected to him. They've both been through similar things with their fathers and he'd be damned if he let Bakugo ever lay another hand on (s/n) or you.

"Todoroki." The sound of your voice snaps him out of his thoughts. Your eyebrows furrowed deeply and a worried smile playing cross your lips. "Are you okay? You looked so serious all of a sudden." You say and walk over to him. He opens his mouth to speak, but loses all his words when his eyes lock onto yours.

"I-I'm fine." He states and looks blankly up at you. You scrunch your face up and plop down besides him.

"You're a horrible lair," you state and lean back into the couch cushions. He sighs, knowing you can read him like a book. You guys have been friends since elementary school, so it's only natural that you know all his little antics and reverse.

"I just-" he stops trying to find the right words. "I just hate that (S/n) had to go through what I did," he finishes and watches as (S/n) finishes his school work and lets out a cheer. Your heart softens watching the two toned male. You glance away as (S/n) hugs you and does the same to Todoroki.

"Good night, I love you." You sign to him. He smiles brightly at you and repeats it, before running off to bed. "Todoroki, you know what the difference between (S/n) and you is?" You ask softly watching your child run off to the guest room. Todoroki looks at you confused as t what you're getting at. "He has you." You look over to Todoroki with a warm smile across your lips. "And I'm so thankful for you."

Todoroki's eyes widen as you finish speaking, trying to keep his heart rate normal. His eyes bore into yours trying to figure you out and understand you. He's never felt so drawn to someone in his life and when you married Bakugo it felt like someone took a metal spike and staked him in the heart, but he let you go. I mean, he'd always heard if you love something let it go and if it loves you back it'll return. Is this you returning to him, after all these years? "I'm so sorry, for not being there for so long. I should've never let Bakugo put up this wall between us. You're my best friend, Todoroki!" You say and grab onto his hand tightly. "I can never repay you for what you've done for me and (S/n)." You say and hang your head in shame. Todoroki's hand squeezes yours tightly and he brings it to his lips kissing your knuckles.