☁️What If I Didn't Make It Back? (Midoriya)

This also isn't a romance, but more of a really fucking sad one-shot.
⚠️SEASON 4 SPOILERS⚠️
(But it's a little different though)

   The crushing silence of an ended battle filled the air and Izuku Midoryia stood on top of all the rubble. His muscles tired. His arms and legs trembling from using his quirk. He had just defeated the once thought unbeatable, Overhaul. The man that stripped Lemillion of his quirk, abused a defenseless child, and impaled a prohero with a sharpened rode of cement. The other heros and heroines gawked at him and the small child sitting on his back. She had fallen unconscious from using her quirk and he was too wobbly to move. His soul was aching,  he was worried, and he was exhausted, but unwillingly awake.

   He stepped back letting his feet steady, before putting all of his weight onto it. His eyes scanning his surroundings. He saw his teacher, classmates, friends and smiled weakly. He had done it, but there was still more to do. He needed to get the injured to the hospital. Uraraka and Tsuyu took care of Sir Nighteye and the ambulances and the rest non injured proheros rushed in to gather up the beaten. Izuku had seen everyone of his friends and teachers be taken by medics. All except for one, Y/n Midoriya. His heart rate had picked up and he had begun to panic. His mind turning into a battlefield of arguing. His pessimistic side beinning to win against hid Optimisic side. There was no way he had missed you being checked up on by medics. Even if he did, you would've been the first to come up to him. You were his best friend and his younger sister.

  His legs propelled himself back towards the battlefield, ignoring the calls of his friends. He couldn't hear them over the thoughts of you being underneath this rubble bleeding to your gruesome death. It wouldn't end like this. Not for you. His body began to flow with power as sparks of green began to emit from his bruised and bandaged skin. His feet smacked against pieces of rubble that would help guide him back  into the cave of Overhaul's seemingly endless labyrinth. "Y/n!?" He would begin to call out your name as he threw depresse out of the way. "Y/n, where are you?!" He repeated, tears nagging at his bright green eyes. He wouldn't let his little sister die like this.

  You had been the only Midoriyan child born with a quirk. You had inherited your mother's quirk. You could levitate and control things in mid air. It came in handy during entrance exams and just in general. You were his ideal little sister. Giving him a bright smile when he would come home bruised and beated, because of Kaachan.

          "You can do it Izu! You're so strong!"

  The cheers of your younger self would echo in his ears as he searched for you. He was getting desperate. He needed to find you quickly. "Y/n!?"

  "Izu?" The sound of your weak voice caught his attention. He stopped running, as he head snapped in the direction of your voice. His eyes widening in horror at what he saw. A long sword stabbing through your side and holding you in place, against the blood splattered wall. Your hands had settled on the sword weakly and a pained smile on your lips.

   "Y/N! OH GOD!" Tears brimming his eyes as he ran to your side. "How did this happen?" He asked with a paniced expression on his face. Does he pull the sword out? That would only make you bleed out more, wouldn't it? What should he do? He could hear you saying something to him, but he wasn't listening. "H-help. HELP!" He yelled and continued to yell that hoping the pro heros would hear.

   "Izu-"
  "SOMEONE HELP, DAMNIT!"
   "Izuku!" You yelled with as much strength as you could muster. It seemed to catch his attention as his eyes widened, syncing up with yours. You pant softly and bring your hand to his face. "Its okay Izuku." You would say softly and force a smile. "You did it. You saved everyone." You would say happily as blood leaked from the corners of your cracked lips.

  Hearing your words tears would fall from his eyes and he would shake his head. "No!" He would cry the 'n' being dragged out. "This is all meaningless without you here!" He would yell cupping your hand. If he couldn't even save his sister how would he save the world? He couldn't be like All Might. He was no symbol of peace.

  "Sacrafies have to be made, Izu." You would say softy. "It builfs char-"

   "You shouldn't have done that!" He cut you off. Which was very out of character for him, but you forgave him immeaditly. You know he is just hurting. "I'm not the right person to be making sacrifices for." He cried and looked down at the sword. Tears trickling down his nose and cheekbones. He was supposed to protect you.

  "I didn't sacrifice myself, because you were the right person." You said and cough, blood splattering to the ground. "I did it, so you could become the right person." You mumble, your breath hitching as your hand would give its final twitch inside of his.

   "Y/n?" He would say softly and grip your hand tighter. His eyes cut bsck up to your bloody face and his chest would pick up in pace as his tears poured from his eyes. Your skin had begun to turn cold and your head leaned back against the wall. Even in this gruesome death you looked like a peaceful flower.

    He pulled the blsde from your side, watching as your body fell limpy against his. "Y/N!" He would yell with everything in him. Tears falling from his face like a waterfall as his screams echoed throughout the area. He held your cold body closely to his until his arms gave out and the heros had to pry him off, but then he still resisted. "Y/n! Y/n, wake up!" He would yell as the pro heros dragged him away from your corpse. "Don't die..." He whimpered. His body finally giving out beneath him. His eyes falling shut and his conciousness fading away.

                          Extended Ending.                              

         Izuku Midoryia's eyes shot open as he jolted forward. His hospital bed creaking under him. "Y/n!" He whisper yelled and pulled the I.V's out of his arms. He jumped from the bed and rushed out of the room. "Where's my sister? Where is Y/n Midoriya?" He would ask basically pulling his hair out.

    "Midoryia." Aizawa said sternly walking over. He had bandages littering his body, but it didn't take away from the scary look in his eyes that hushed the boy immediately. "Y/n is fine. Go back into your room." He would say, catching the green haired boy by suprise.

   "But I-"

  "Go." Biting his tounge the younger male slumped back into his room and sat on the bed. The nurses folloeimg to hook him back up to the machinery. You were okay? How could he be so sure?

  "Izu?" The sound of your voice made his head snap up to face you and you gave him a wide smile. You only had a few injuries and seemed to be perfectly fine. "I heard you were asking for me, big bro?" You said with a teasing hint laced in yoir voice.

  "You're alive, but how?" He mumbled watching you walk over with a confused look on your face.

  "What do you mean? No one can stop the Midoryia twins!" You laughed and sat on the side of his bed watching the nurse finish up her work and leave. A smile cracked up onto the boys lips and his eyes began to water.

  "I must've had this really bad dream." He said and pulled you into a tight hug. This behaviour wasn't all that weird from him, being he was always having bad dreams and always went to find you fir help afterwards.

  "A bad dream, huh? Well, its all over now, Izu." You would say with a soft smile sfter pstting his back.