Chapter 6 - Talented

"Did you know that we're twins?" Jakob mentioned as we walked behind Joey, as we headed up stairs.

"I actually didn't know that." I shrugged with a small smile on my lips. "But I guess I don't know much about this family."

"We're going to change that." Joey turned as I just smiled brighter up at him. 

My brothers showed me to the room they said was mine. When I opened the door, I wanted to laugh but I kept it inside, since it must have been hard to keep this room like this knowing if I came back, I would never have fitted in anything. It was basically just a nursery but the thought was there, they kept a room for me. 

"Yeah, you can just bunk in with me." Jakob smirked as he looked over the room and put his arm over my shoulders as Joey just shut the door back over. 

Instead of going to one of their rooms, we snuck past our parents in a heated discussion to get to the basement. The basement, I loved it the minuet I laid my eyes on it. I was littered with all different recording equipments, instruments were everywhere, it made me feel instantly at home. Imagine I'd grew up in a musical family, there probably wouldn't have been one instrument that I could play. My parents didn't encourage music in our house, it was frowned upon so just how different would my life had been with a different set of parents?

"Do you play anything?" Joey asked, as he'd already made himself comfy on the stool at the drum kit. 

"Yeah, I like trying any new instruments so I can play quite a few. Guitar or piano has to be my favourite, it has to be a real piano though, not a keyboard!" 

I sat down on the small sofa and looked up at Joey who looked a little shocked. "What about you, play anything?"

"Yeah, pretty good on the drums." He nodded, picking up some sticks.

"What about you?" I turned to Jake, who shrugged.

"Guitar, bass and maybe some singing here and there." He also just shrugged before sitting down next to me on the sofa.

"It's so weird that you didn't grow up here with us, but your still musical." Joey muttered as he hit a couple of the drums lightly.

"Yeah, my parents didn't like me playing anything, they thought being a musician was a waste of time." I snorted a little, it was like they knew that my dad was in a very famous punk band.

"Hey kiddos." I smiled round to Mike and Tré who strolled into the room while carrying some pizza.

"We're joining you guys." Tré said, as he squished in next to me on the sofa with the pizza in his hands.

We ate a bit then I got up to look at the instruments. One caught my eye, it was bright green, my favour colour so I pulled it off the stand and sat on the floor with it in my lap. Without even meaning to, I started to play. It wasn't anything special, just some stuff I'd been making up in my spare time.

I stopped just so I could get a new pick but clapping startled me, everyone in the room was just staring with massive smiles and clapping obnoxiously. Billie and Adrienne were also now present in the room with us.

"Baby, I didn't know you could play." Adrienne came over and wrapped me in her arm as she shut her teary eyes.

"Yeah, I taught myself when I was a kid." I answered, hugging her back tightly.

There was some silence as Adrienne just held me close to her, but then Billie broke that silence. "Adie, I thought you were going to ask Alex is she wanted to go out shopping with you?"

"Oh yeah, do you wanna? I was thinking that we really need to update your bedroom?" She asked, as I just nodded.