Prologue

In A Stormy Midnight
At Space Medical College and Hospital

Doctor:- We are sorry Mam, he is no more.

Hearing this Neonika fall on the nearby chair like a lifeless body. 

Neonika:- (numb) And Manik?

Doctor:- we are going to put him on ventilation.

Neonika:- You don't need to do that. Prepare him for a heart transplant surgery.

Doctor:- But Mam, who will do this surgery?

Neonika:- (shouted) I will do it. Now go and do whatever I said.

After sometimes
In Operation Theater

There were two bodies laying on two beds. One was a dead body and another was still breathing but with lots of difficulty.

Neonika kept her palm on dead body's cheek and said,

Neonika:- Sorry baccha.

Tears were rolling down her cheeks but she was determined to save her son's life anyhow. 

After Operation

Neonika came out from OT and saw there a man was waiting for her. She went to him and said,

Neonika:- Operation successful.  issa pahla ki Manik ko hosh aya usa yaha sa la jao Raj.

Raj:- (with tears) Hosh ma ate hi jab Manik uska bara ma puchaga tab hum usa kiya jabab danga?

Neonika:- don't worry I will handle him. 

Next day

Manik slowly gains his consciousness. He blinked his eyes several times just to adjust with the lights and saw Neonika was sitting beside him with a worried face.

Manik:- Mrs. Malhotra.

He tried to get up but Neonika stopped him and said,

Neonika:- (worried) Manik, don't move baccha. Abhi abhi tera surgery hui hai. You need complete bed rest.

Manik:- (hell shocked) Surgery?

Manik looked at the left side of his chest and with a slivering hand he touched there to feel his heartbeat.

Manik:- (horrified) Where is Parth?

****************★******************
So readers, this is the start of this story. Did you like it? Please share your opinions in your comments and of course don't forget to vote.
Take care
Bye
Nahar...😘😘😘