Part 44:- (Unexpected reaction)

Next Morning
At Malhotra Mansion

Someone was ringing the calling bell continuously.

Manik:- (irritated) Who's butt is on fire? Coming yaar.

Manik opened the door only to get shocked seeing Nandini standing at the doorstep huffing like an angry bull.

Manik:- What the.....

Before Manik could utter the f** words he immediately palmed his mouth because Nandini Murthy just hates swearing. But that didn't help him at all. He got hit on his head with a file which she was holding in her hands.

Nandini:- (angrily) Manik Malhotra what's your problem ha? Why did you lie to Smaran yesterday that we are engaged and going to get married soon?

Manik:- I lied because that idiot wasn't giving me good vibes. Trust me Nandini he isn't a good guy. You should stay away from him.

Nandini:- (smirked) Why? Are you jealous of him?

Manik:- (rolling eyes) Jealous? And me? In your dreams girl.

Nandini:- come on Manik accept it. I am even getting a burning smell here.

Manik:- (confused) Burning smell? Oh shit my cake.

Manik immediately ran to the kitchen only to see the smoke coming out of the oven. He opened the oven and pulled out a burnt cake without any gloves and as well as burnt his hands too.

Manik:- (hissed) Ahhhhhh....

Nandini came behind him to see what happened and seeing his foolishness she immediately pulled his hands and came towards the sink holding his hand under running water.

Nandini:- (angrily) What are you Manik? Five?

Manik:- (innocently) No, I am 23 years old.

Nandini:- (rolling eyes) Joke tha? Oh my God Manik Malhotra you are so funny, ha ha ha.

As soon as running water came in contact with his burnt hands he pulled out his hand hissing badly.

Manik:- Ouch....

Nandini:- (panicked) What's wrong with you idiot? Just stand here with your hands under it and DON'T MOVE.

She showed her index finger to him and opened the freezer to take some ice in a bowl. Manik was just standing there holding his burnt hand under water and admiring Nandini. Then came back to him and started rubbing those ice on his hands gently.

Nandini:- By the way why were you making cake suddenly???

Manik:- (sadly) It's Maa and Dad's marriage anniversary, so I thought before they get separated again I should celebrate it. But it seems like I ruined it totally.

Nandini:- Fast aid box kaha ha?

Manik:- (pouted) In my room.

Nandini took Manik to his room holding his hands carefully and when she opened the door she was shocked to see the dark room.

Nandini:- Is it your room or a vampire's cave? It's so dark here.

Manik:- I like to be in darkness.

Nandini:- (confused) Why?

Manik:- "Because I have lost my shining star, once who promised me to be with me and shine for me always."

Nandini immediately switched on the lights and opened the curtains.

Manik:- (confused) What are you doing?

Nandini:- I won't let you be in darkness.

Manik:- Why do you care for me Nandini, when you clearly said that you have moved on from me?

Nandini was stunned by his words. She herself didn't know why she still cared, she wanted to move on and have been trying to do the same from the last 4 years but she couldn't. Today seeing him like that, from him being hurt to him trapping himself in this darkness it was affecting her so much. No matter what she still loves him and she just couldn't pretend to be heartless anymore but do you think she will say this aloud? No way....

Nandini:- Listen Manik whatever I am doing is only for Neonika Aunty. So you better don't keep any hope on me.

Manik just snapped his head after hearing her. He knew that no matter what she still cares for him but her stubbornness was making him crazy.

Manik:- (angrily) What did you say? You are doing all this just because of Maa? So you don't care for me, right?

Nandini:- (shouted) Yes I don't care for you. Why should I? After whatever you did to me I don't have any feelings for you, not anymore.

Suddenly Manik grabbed her hand and pulled her towards himself. He looked into her eyes and said,

Manik:- Nandini, look into my eyes and tell me that you don't love me.

Nandini:- Manik what are you doing? Just leave me, okay.

The more Nandini was trying to get out of his hold the more his hold was getting stronger. Seemed like he wasn't ready to let her go before he got his answers from her.

Manik:- (shouted) Answer me damn it.

Nandini:- Manik, leave me. You are hurting me now.

Manik:- And what about you hurting me always Nandini?

Nandini:- Because you deserve it Manik. You deserve it for leaving me.

Manik:- (frustrated) Nandini why can't you understand that the things I have done which I felt were right at that moment. I have my own reasons to leave you. But no you have to judge me always before even listening to me properly.

Nandini:- So tell me Manik, make me understand why you left me four years ago? Why couldn't you stay? You can't expect me to get things when you clearly don't express YOURSELF. Say na Manik, what was it that you forced you. What made you say that?

She shouted looking straight into his eyes. She has had enough of this hide and seek game.

Manik:- (shouted) I can't say Nandini.

Manik just ran his fingers tugging at his hair in frustration. He was surely going out of control. He just punched on the mirror hurting his already burnt hand which started bleeding immediately.

Nandini:- (shocked) Manik what are you doing?

Manik didn't listen to her, he pushed his bedside desk breaking the night lamp into a thousand pieces. Nandini was shocked seeing his side of Manik but when she saw him breathing heavily she knew that she had to stop him anyhow.
She immediately hugged him to calm him down but it wasn't working at all. Manik was continuously moving to get out of her hold.

Nandini:- (crying) Manik...Manik I am sorry. I won't force you again to tell me anything. Tum please shant ho jao.

Manik was pulling his hair as if his head was aching real bad. Tears were rolling down by his cheeks, breathing was irregular. Nandini felt something strange and broke the hug only to find Manik shivering like hell.

Nandini:- (panicked) Manik what's wrong with you? Why are you behaving like this? Please say something.

Manik fell on his knees, trying hard to breathe but nothing was working. He tried to say something but it was very difficult for him to even speak.

Manik:- (crying) Nan...Nandini I can't breathe. Ple... please do something....

*****************★*****************
Sorry for the late update...🙈🙈🙈
Thanks to my Yaara neha_satakshi
If she won't have helped me then I don't know when you would get an update. Anyways enjoy this update. Let me know your opinions by your comments and of course don't forget to vote.
Take care
Bye
Nahar....😘😘😘