Part 39:- (His sacrifice)

Flashback continues.....

When Manik finished the song there was pin drop silence. Only Parth knew the reason for this song and somewhere he was feeling very guilty. He wanted to break Manik to an extent that he started confessing his feelings towards Nandini. But nothing like that happened. Manik was way more clever than him as he left the hall room immediately. Raj felt something fishy in all this and went behind him.

(Parth's Pov:- Today not only  Manik's voice but his eyes were also saying that how much he loves Nandini. Oh God what am I doing? I am behaving selfishly and doing wrong with my own brother who is ready to do anything for me. For once I thought I should tell Nandini everything before it's too late but what's the use of it? We all know Manik won't be able to survive for long and then what will happen to Nandini? Manik was right, she will be broken. Oh God my life is so messed up...😫😫😫)

On the other hand

Manik was standing on his balcony looking at the sky when Raj came there and kept his hand on his shoulder.

Raj:- (worried) Manu are you alright?

Manik didn't say anything. He just turned towards Raj, hugged him tightly and started crying.

Raj:- Manu kya hua baccha? shhh chup ho ja. Teri tabyat kharab ho jayega.

Manik:- (crying badly) Dad why is your God so unfair to me? What was my fault that I don't have the right to live? Why Dad? Why?

Raj:- (crying too) Sometimes we don't have any other options but to accept our destiny. I don't want to lose you either, Manu. Please don't go.

Manik broke the hug, wiped his tears and said,

Manik:- It's not possible Dad. I have to go but before that I want you to promise me something. Will you?

Raj:- (lovingly) Anything for you.

Manik:- When I die na, you won't cry remembering me. Whenever you feel lonely, you will look at the sky and talk to me. I will be there between those shining stars and listen to you always.

Hearing this Raj couldn't say anything. He just hugged Manik and cried his heart out.

Raj:- (crying badly) Don't go baccha.

Manik:- (blankly) I don't have any other choice, right?

Suddenly Raj felt Manik's whole body weight was on him. He broke the hug and found him unconscious. Raj immediately picked him up and rushed to hospital with Neonika. But one person was still there.

(Parth's Pov:- Yes I was there. It may sound so selfish that I am not there for my brother. I wanted to go with them but then I saw a paper ball near my feet. Being a cleaning freak, I picked it up and was about to throw it into the bin. Suddenly I don't know what got into me, I straightened that paper and what I saw made me change my mind. That's it. I know what to do now. I can't let everyone do wrong with my brother. From now on he will get everything he deserves. Once he protected me now it's my turn to protect him. I can't let him suffer more. I can't. I am sorry Nandini. I know we both did wrong with you but trust me it wasn't intentional. Never misunderstand Manik, okay? I know he is a Monster for you but that Monster loves you so much and trust me he is the best for you. Please accept Nandini. He has none except you as I won't be there for him na. I know that idiot brother of mine is very rude, arrogant and stubborn. But still never leave his hand, okay? I know what I am going to do is wrong but  it's the only right thing I can do for my brother. I am really very sorry Nandini. If possible please forgive me...🥺🥺🥺)

Flashback ends....

Nandini found a paper in the diary and read it aloud,

When you took birth
You have to die
No matter how much
Your loved ones will cry
Show your brightest smile
And tell them goodbye
Tell them to take care
Because you won't be there
Tell them to keep you
In their prayer....

Paper fell from her hand, tears were continuously flowing from her eyes realizing the bitter truth of her life. She turned the pages of the diary to clarify her doubt but it was blank, totally blank as the person is not there to fill it with his life story.
"Yes Parth's death wasn't an accident but a pre planned suicide. He sacrificed his life for his twin brother Manik."
Nandini closed the diary with a thud and fell on the floor, crying her heart out.

Nandini:- (sobbing) Parth your love for your brother made you give your own life for him without a second thought, but why didn't you think about talking with me and at least telling me this all by yourself? You both betrayed me. You both loved me, but your love for each other was much more than what you both ever felt for me. But in all those you both hurt me the most. Every time I was with Manik I felt different, I felt guilty for my feelings towards him. You both made me feel like a criminal. You both played with my emotions and I was an idiot all this while to let you both play with me. I will never forgive you both for this. Never....

At Morning
In Malhotra Mansion

Raj was sipping coffee sitting in the hall room when Neonika came there.

Raj:- (shocked) Neonika tum yaha?

Neonika:- How's Manik?

Raj:- He is fine. But what happened to you? Why are you looking so worried?

Neonika:- (crying) I had a bad dream Raj. Mujha Manik ko dekhna na. Sirf ek bar usa dekhna do, please.

Raj immediately held her, made her sit on the couch. He wiped her tears and said,

Raj:- Shhh Neonika, stop crying and tell me why are you so scared? It's just a bad dream right?

Neonika:- (sobbing) Raj...Raj I saw Manik in my dream. He said he will also leave me like Parth and will never come back.

Raj:- Neonika it's just a bad dream. Wait let me call Manik.

Raj was about to call Manik when Fab4, Navya and Nandini came there and before anyone could say anything Manik came downstairs with the help of Abhi and said,

Manik:- (shocked) What are you all doing here?

Nandini:- (angrily) We are here to expose you Mr. Manik Malhotra.

Manik:- (confused) What do you mean?

Nandini didn't reply to Manik but showed Parth's diary to him. Suddenly Manik's face turned pale. He tried his best to hide the truth but seems like destiny has some other plans.

Neonika:- What's this Nandini?

Nandini:- Parth's diary where those Twins' Secrets are hidden.

With that Nandini told everything to all and as expected all were shocked to the core. Then Nandini went to Manik who was bowing his head in guilt, held his shirt's collar and said,

Nandini:- (crying) Why Manik? Why did you both do this to me? One brother who loves me just sacrificed me for his own brother and the other one sacrificed his life for the first one and what about me? Was I a toy for you to play? Who gave you the right to make a decision for me? Tell me.....

Manik was looking at the other side, not meeting her eyes. He knew he did wrong with Nandini and most importantly he has hurt her beyond repair. His one sorry won't mend it up. What is gone, is gone forever. But what did shocked him to the core. Nandini joined her forehead with his and said,

Nandini:- I love you Manik. I love you so much. Please don't leave me again.

Manik removed her hands from his shirt's collar and said,

Manik:- "It's over Nandini. Maybe we are not meant to be together."

Is this the end ?
Or a new beginning???

*****************★*****************
Finally it's done. I guess this is the end of this story, isn't it?
What do you think about it?
Please let me know your opinions by your comments and of course don't forget to vote.
Take care
Bye
Nahar....😘😘😘