Part 48:- (Her fireflies)

Manik bought ice-cream from an ice-cream vendor and handed it to Nandini.

Manik:- Here you go madam.

She immediately took that and started having it like an excited kid.

Nandini:- (confused) Manik, where is your ice-cream?

Manik held her hand and took a bite from her ice-cream.

Nandini:- (rolling eyes) Such a kanjus you are!

Manik:- (laughed) Thanks for the compliment.

Then Manik held her by her waist and made her sit on the roof of the car. Manik also jumped on the car and laid on his back gazing at his favorite stars...🌟 Manik forwarded his arms thinking that she would lay down with him just like she did when she was drunk.

Nandini:- (rising eyebrows) What???

Manik:- (making faces) Oh I forgot, you are not drunk today and we are on a break.

Nandini smiled at his kiddish behavior and laid down beside Manik keeping her head on his arms.

Nandini:- (confused) Manik I don't understand your logic behind loving Stars. Like seriously when we can't touch them or feel them then what's the use of it?

Manik:- (smiled) Nandini those Stars are the only ones who never leave me like others. In fact they always showed me the right path.

Nandini:- I love fireflies. They glow and show the right path in the dark. We can also touch them and keep them close to us.

Manik:- Nandini, get up.

Nandini:- (shocked) What???

Manik:- I said get up.

Nandini:- But my ice-cream?

Manik:- You can have it in the car. Come on get up.

Manik himself jumped down and helped Nandini to get down. Then he made her sit on the passenger seat and started driving.

Nandini:- Manik now where are we going at this hour of night.

Manik:- (irritated) Offo Nandini kitna question karti ho. Can't you just sit silently?

Nandini:- No I can't. Tell me where are you taking me now, otherwise I will shout saying that you are kidnapping me.

Manik:- Oh God Nandini trust me, you were more easy to handle when you were drunk.

As soon as he finished that sentence he got a strong punch on his shoulder.

Nandini:- (shouted) Shut up.

Manik:- Ouch. Nandini that hurts.

Nandini:- (rolling eyes) Good for you.

Manik:- Now keep quiet.

After an hour

Nandini:- Manik you are driving for an hour. Ab to bata do where are we going???

Manik:- We reached. Now close your eyes.

Nandini:- What? But why?

Manik:- You won't do it right? Damn Nandini, why are you so stubborn? Wait.

Saying this Manik got down from the car first then helped Nandini to get down and closed her eyes by his palm.

Nandini:- Manik what are you doing?

Manik:- Just keep quiet for a few minutes.

Then Manik took her to somewhere and said,

Manik:- Now you can open your eyes.