Part 38:- (Engagement)

Flashback continues....

Manik:- (shouted) I will change everything Dad. I have to change everything for Parth. Do you know how badly your separation affected him? That poor soul is still stuck between you two.

Raj:- (shocked) Manu what are you saying?

Manik:- I am saying the bitter truth that you and Mrs. Malhotra has been denying them for so long. Tell me Dad, what's your side of story? Why did you both get separated? Why?

Raj:- (sadly) As you already know it was a love marriage. We ran away from home and got married. I used to sing at a bar and Neonika used to work at a cafe. We were happy and when we got to know that Neonika was pregnant with you two our happiness  knew no bounds. Everything was going good until my Dad made his entry in our life like a villain.

Manik:- (shocked) Dadu?

Raj:- Yes Mr. Ram Malhotra,  Asia's number one businessman and the villain of my life. I was the only heir of Malhotra Industries after all, so how could he let go of me? He used his money and power to make me bankrupt.

Manik:- But why?

Raj:- because he wanted me to go abroad and complete my MBA in business. He wanted to be seen as the CEO of Malhotra Industries not as some cheap bar singer. So he made a deal with me. "If I will obey him, he will take care of my family". I didn't had any other options then so I agreed. I used to stay in my cousin's house. They were Abhi's parents and in an accident they both left this world and I took Abhi's responsibility. But my Dad cheated me. He told Neonika that I have moved on and when I came back she saw Abhi in my arms and mistook everything.

Raj sat on the couch holding his head remembering that horrible past of his life. What was his fault? He loved Neonika more than his life but she hurt him by not trusting him. Manik sat on the floor holding his hands and said,

Manik:- (sadly) I can understand your pain Dad but whatever you did with Maa wasn't acceptable either.

Raj:- (confused) What do you mean?

Manik:- You fought with Maa for my custody because you knew that she would come back to you for me. But being such a smart lady she handed me over to you. Dad do you know why she handed me over to you? Because she didn't have enough money for my treatment.

Raj:- (shocked) What?

Manik:- Yes Dad. It's true and what were you saying? How could I be so rude to her right? Dad, if she can keep her son away from her just for his betterment, then what will happen if I die on the operation table? Maybe a doctor will forgive herself but a mother will never be able to forgive herself and that's why I refused the operation.

Raj:- How could you be so selfless Manu?

Manik:- (smiled) "Who said I am selfless? I am selfish, selfish for the happiness of my loved ones."

Few Days later

Malhotra Mansion was decorated beautifully. Everyone was busy in preparations. Manik was sitting beside the window with his guitar in his room. He was playing a sad tune and so busy in his thoughts that when Parth came there he didn't recognize.

Parth:- Manik....

Manik:- Oh Parth come sit here. So ready for the engagement?

Parth:- No.

Manik:- (confused) What do you mean?

Parth:- I can't take this anymore Manik. I will tell her everything.

Manik:- (shocked) Are you mad? Parth today is your engagement and what the fuck are you saying? You can't back off dude.

Parth:- I can't cheat her either. I can't Manik. Mujhse ab or nahi hoga.