Part 43:- (Annoying Manik)

Manik:- (smirked) We are engaged already and will get married soon.

Smaran:- (shocked) What?

Manik:- Oh you don't believe me? Wait.

Manik opened his phone gallery and showed him some pictures of Parth and Nandini's engagement.

Smaran:- (sadly) But Ms. Murthy never told me anything about it.

Manik:- Actually Nandini is a free spirited woman. She doesn't like to come into the limelight.

Smaran:- (smiled) Congratulations. I must say you are such a lucky man. She is really pretty.

Manik:- Thank you.

Then Nandini came there and said,

Nandini:- Manik everything is ready, please come with me.

Manik:- Okay Buddy, will see you around.

Smaran:- Yeah sure.

Manik waved him bye with a smile and went behind Nandini, who led him to a room.

Nandini:- Manik what's cooking in your head?

Manik:- (cutely) My head is not a kitchen to cook anything.

Nandini:- Trying to be cute?

Manik:- Nope, I was born cute.

Nandini:- I never saw you talking with a stranger this much. Something is definitely fishy.

Manik:- (pouted) But I don't like fish. They have lots of bones.

Nandini:- Aiyappa this man will never change for good. Why am I even talking to him, when I know very well that he won't reply to me straight.

Manik:- (smirked) It's a manufacturing defect so you better stop bothering your Aiyappa for this.

For a moment Nandini thought to kill this annoying jerk right then and there but somehow she controlled herself and said,

Nandini:- Whatever. Now fold your sleeves up, I need to collect your blood.

Manik:- (innocently) Nandini don't tell me that you turned into a vampire.

Nandini:- (shouted) Manik.....

Manik immediately zipped his mouth and threw the imaginary key away just like a scared kitten. Then he forwarded his hand towards her and signaled her to fold his sleeves as he was busy keeping his mouth shut by putting finger on his lips.

Nandini:- (rolling eyes) Such a dramebaaz.

Nandini folded his sleeves and collected blood samples for the test. She also did a basic check-up and she wasn't happy seeing his condition. He has lost weight and his blood pressure was high, that means he wasn't taking care of himself at all. When she was checking his heartbeat, she found it beating faster than usual.

Nandini:- (worried) Manik why your heart is beating so fast.

Manik:- "Your mere touch is enough to make my heartbeat go wild."

Nandini:- Manik please be serious for once. You said you went through your regular check-up only two months ago and you were fine as per your medical reports right? Then what is this? You are not taking care of yourself at all and I am sure Neonika Aunty won't be pleased seeing your medical reports now.  

Manik:- Then do one thing, make a fake report and show her.

Nandini:- (shouted) How could you say that Manik? Don't you have emotions in you or what?

Manik:- (smiled) Emotions?

Put your emotions
In a box
And throw it away
After doing lock

People should see
Your smile always
Because you are
Meant to be fake

Love is an illusion
Just for name sake
If it gets unbearable
Just take a break

Hold something tightly
Before you sink
Darkness can't eat you
It will drink
All your positivity
All your strength

Life is like that only
You just need to live...

Nandini:- You are too difficult to understand.

Manik:- "Then don't try to understand me Nandini. Just accept me the way I am."

Manik left there leaving a confused Nandini behind. Hewas not a person who will say things by himself. He always mask his emotions and keep it to himself only. That's the main reason nobody can't understand him and somewhere he also doesn't like to be judged either. Nandini was thinking all this as she was walking through the corridor to submit Manik's blood samples in lab when Smaran came to her and said,

Smaran:- (dramatically) Congratulations Ms. Murthy. Ap to chupa rustam nikli. We have been friends for almost the last two months but still you didn't trust me enough to share this news with me? I am hurt.

Nandini:- (confused) News? What news?

Smaran:- (smiled) Don't act so dumb Ms. Murthy. Manik na already mujhe sab kuch bata diya ha.

Nandini:- Kya bataya hai Manik na?

Smaran:- Yahi ki you both are engaged and going to get married soon. 

Nandini:- (shocked) Manik na tumha ya sab bola?

Smaran:- Yes and he also showed me your engagement pics. I must say you both look amazing with each other.

Nandini:- (shouted loudly) Aghhhh Manik Malhotra I will kill you.

At Night
In Malhotra Mansion

Manik came home quite late as he went to do Cabir's place to finalize things for his wedding. When he entered his room he saw his parents there waiting for him.

Manik:- (confused) You guys still awake?

Neonika:- Manik what's this?

She showed him a prescription and some medicines.

Manik:- (blankly) I was suffering from depression. Don't worry, I am fine now.

Neonika:- (shouted) Manik you are forgetting that you are talking with a doctor. Doctors never suggest medicines for minor depression but when they suggest medicines that mean it is a major one and you are saying that you are fine?

Raj:- Manu what's wrong with you? Look, you can share everything with us, right?

Manik:- (palming his face) I don't know Dad. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just know that I am not that old Manik anymore, I am not.

Raj and Neonika immediately hugged Manik and Manik started crying in their arms just like a small baby who was scared to face the world.

Raj:- Shhhhh stop crying Manu.....

Neonika:- It's okey Manik, we will figure out something.

After crying in buckets, finally Manik fell asleep on Neonika's lap who was ruffling his hairs lovingly.

Raj:- He was right, he isn't the same Manik anymore. Manik was never a cry baby. He is in deep shit.

Neonika:- (worried) We need to help him before it's too late.

*****************★*****************
Okay, I just love this version of Manik. He is strong but still weak, he is expressive but still mysterious.
What do you think about Manik??? Please share your opinions in your comments and of course don't forget to vote.
Take care
Bye
Nahar....😘😘😘