chapter one

I walked down the long hallway, leading myself to a closed office door at the end. Once there, I knocked before slowly pushing open one of the large doors. I was met by four people dressed professionally. I recognized one as my manger, Maria, then obviously Camila Cabello. I had no idea why she was there but I was excited for sure. I've always wanted to work with her. Next to her sat a middle aged man with short curly hair, and some lady who looked like she was already over this meeting. "Sorry I'm late." I smiled apologetically, receiving nods in response as I plopped down in one of the chairs.

"So," The unknown lady spoke. "Now that everyone's here," She sent a glare my way, "Let's begin. So, we're all here because both of your teams believe that it would greatly help your careers if you two were publicly in a relationship. Together." she clarified when the two of us didn't reply.

"What? This is a joke right?" Camila scoffed before turning to her manager and muttering something to him.

"I know Mila, but this is the only way the label will let you come out. I'm sorry." He replied softly. My eyes widened at this new information. I had heard the rumors but I didn't know they were true. Camila glances at me and gave me a small smile, I saw the conflicting look in her eyes and I knew she was thinking hard on her next move. After a few minutes of deliberation, she leaned forward, signing the contract that sat in front of her before she stood and left the room. "Sorry about that. She has a lot going on." Her manager told us, leaving shortly after.

I signed the paper as well, figuring there was no fighting it at this point. My manger thanked me quietly and I excused myself. I found Camila in the lobby, she was on the phone with someone and seemed to be in the middle of a heated conversation. I couldn't help but listen in.

"I know. He said it's the only way. Think of it this way, we're a step closer now." I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to figure out what was going on. Camila turned, meeting my eyes. "I have to go. Love you too." She hung up before walking over to me. "Hi." She smiled cutely.

"Hi." I replied awkwardly. "Sorry, I uh don't know how this whole thing works." I admitted.

"Well, Roger just told me we'll have our first public meeting soon. At the Five Seconds of Summer release party. Then we wait for the next direction." I nodded, still a little confused on everything. "Basically we just follow what we're told. Your team will do most of the work anyway. Here, let me give you my number." She put her hand out, where I placed my phone, letting her do her thing. "You've never done this before?" She asked as she typed away on my phone.

"Not at all. I assume you have?" I asked, watching her face as she focused on what she was doing.

"A few times. We can talk more tonight. I have to head out now though. Text me." She smiled, handing my phone back before giving me a hug. "Talk to you later, Y/N."

"I will. Bye, Camila." I watched as she left the building, meeting her manager, who I assumed was Roger, out front before climbing into a black Escalade and driving off.

—————

(a/n) quick first chapter just to get the story going. let me know what you think.

any ideas of who Camila was on the phone with?

thanks for reading❤️