o n e

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter one
arrival.

   Christina Swan flickered her green eyes around the airport, looking for any familiar being other than those beside her. She ignored the third sigh that came from her companion as she gripped tightly onto her carry-on bag and the small hand that gripped her hand just as tightly.

"I can't believe you talked me into this," Christina's companion laughed humorlessly. The older of the two girls glanced at the younger girl. Isabella Swan— Bella, for short— clenched her parka closer to her body, trying to block out as much wind as she could.

"It'll be good for Mom to travel with Phil," Christina replied as she bent down low, facing the youngest of the companions with a soft smile. "Plus, it'll be nice to see Dad after so long. Annie does deserve to know her grandpa after all."

The little brown-haired girl perked up as soon as she heard her name. Annabelle Swan, daughter of Christina Swan and Jonathan Miller; a great surprise at the ripe age of sixteen years old. The two teenagers didn't know what they were doing when they decided to take responsibility and take care of their small offspring— but Christina wouldn't change anything about the past five years.

"I know," Bella sighed. "You're right."

Christina smirked as she switched her green eyes from her daughter's jacket to her youngest sister. "I know, I'm always right."

"I wouldn't go that far." Bella rolled her eyes, but a small smile cracked on her face. The first real smile Christina's seen since they left Arizona.

"I think that's Charlie, now." Bella nodded her head towards the parking lot where a cruiser was pulling in.

Christina sighed at the first-name-basis that Bella continued to use with their father. It didn't make any sense to the older brunette why she felt that their dad didn't deserve that title. He did everything that he could for the both of them growing up— even going as far as taking vacations down to Arizona once Bella refused to visit Forks, Washington when she was thirteen.

"Come on, Annie." Christina scooped her growing five-year-old into her arms, carefully placing her carry-on bag on the other side. "Grandpa's waiting."

The three girls walked towards the cruiser that their dad was known for driving around. Charlie Swan was the Police Chief of Forks, Washington. Christina couldn't be more proud to call her dad the Police Chief, whereas Bella found the cruiser too embarrassing to drive around in.