s e v e n t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter seventeen
the truth.

       Turns out, when Carlisle says he's not leaving them unprotected— he means it. Christina didn't even have to make Annie sleep in her bed; the six year old didn't feel comfortable being in her own room by herself.
She was convinced that the bad guy was going to come back and steal her away; making Christina's heart hurt every time seeing her daughter's fears. Christina had managed to get Annie to agree on not telling Charlie the truth of her disappearance. The duo sat down with the police chief and explained how Annie was sleeping walking and found herself lost in the woods until Sam and Carlisle found her. He seemed to believe it well enough— though, Christina hated having to lie to him.

Annie hardly left her mother's side; claiming that she felt safer being next to her mother out of anyone in the house. So, when the young girl would go to sleep on Christina's bed, Carlisle would sneak through the window and watch over the girls while they slept.

Christina was unnerved by him watching them sleep at first, before deciding that she rather him watch her sleep than something happen again where Annie disappears.

Usually, Christina would find herself falling asleep before Carlisle entered her room— but tonight, she was wide awake. She bit on her thumb nail as she read the book on her lap. She had fallen behind two classes during the past couple of days. She rubbed her temple as she felt another headache appearing in the corner of her vision. She groaned before closing the book and pushing it towards the end of her bed.

"Bad read?"

Christina jumped at the sudden voice before sighing. Carlisle sat in the same chair he usually did when he came by. It gave him the perfect view of both girls sleeping, and the window into the forest.

"Headache," she corrected.

Carlisle shuffled in his seat before motioning for Christina to come closer. She narrowed her brows lightly before leaning off the bed and towards the chair Carlisle was sitting on. He slowly raised his hands before resting them on either side of her forehead. Christina instantly relaxed at the replacement for an ice pack. She almost moaned as the headache started to dull on the side of her head. She leaned closer into his grasp.

"Thanks," the young mother mumbled. Her eyes still closed as she continued to enjoy his cool hands on her throbbing head.

He pulled the chair closer to the bed, allowing Christina to get more comfortable on the bed. She folded her legs onto the bed in between the two of them.