f o u r t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter fourteen
visitor.

        It was the week of spring break.

Christina has been trying to keep up with her work and studies— while also making time to go over to La Push to visit the wolf pack; mostly due to Annie's request. She adored hanging out with Emily, and joking around with Embry when he was around. It was also good protection for her from the possible vampire visits that could happen when the young mother was unaware.

Emily had made the suggestion that Christina drop off Annie during her work days in the week of spring break. Christina agreed that it'd be the best idea, since there was always at least one wolf around Emily's house.

Sam has made the patrol stricter during the past weeks— and while Bella didn't mind hanging out with the wolf pack, she missed Jacob the most. Christina understood it, in the way that Jacob was the one to help heal the hole in Bella's heart. Without him there, she felt the emptiness more often. Christina was just worried that Bella was going to do something stupid in the absence of Jacob.

Christina watched as another storm started— the third time this week. A shot of lightning lit up the sky, making the kitchen turn blinding for a moment.

"Momma?"

Christina turned her head towards the living room, hearing Annie wake up from her nap. The six year old got dropped off by Emily; the poor girl was tired from playing tag with Emily's niece Claire. The little native girl was only four years old, but Annie adored her anyway.

"I'm right here, baby," Christina called back. She turned away from the kitchen window and walked into the living room. Annie was sitting up on the couch, the blanket Christina had placed on her was still around her shoulders. "It's just another storm."

Annie pouted. She was sick of the constant thunderstorms the past month had brought her. Christina chuckled at the pout of Annie's lower lip.

"April showers bring May flowers, Annie," Christina reminded. She leaned down and grabbed the TV remote, quickly finding a cartoon channel for the six year old to watch while Christina finished dinner.

"Better be some good flowers," Annie mumbled, cuddling into the sofa as she started to watch Catdog reruns.

"I bet they will be," Christina chuckled. She ran her fingers through Annie's curls before disappearing back into the kitchen.