e i g h t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter eighteen
the game ; part one.

It was just starting to mist when the two cars rolled up on the Swan's resident. The black Mercedes holding Christina, Carlisle, and Annie, pulled up first. The silver Volvo holding Edward and Bella were next.

"I will be back to pick you up before dusk." Carlisle turned to look at Christina, who nodded at his words. "We're going to go set up, and get ready."

"Alright," Christina answered. "I'll see you soon." She leaned over slowly before landing a kiss on Carlisle's cheek.

The brunette didn't say any word as she jumped out of the car and scooped Annie out. She placed her daughter on the ground as she grabbed the car seat. She turned and put the car seat in the back of her Range Rover, and when she turned around she saw that Annie climbed back into Carlisle's car.

Her heart thumped loudly as she saw Annie hugging Carlisle goodbye. A smile broke out on her face as her daughter turned to walk back towards her, closing the back door while she was at it.

Both girls waved goodbye before following Bella up the stairs, and into the warm house.

Christina shrugged off her and Annie's coat and placed them both on the coat rack as Bella made her way into the kitchen. Annie escaped under her mother's arm before running into her room to play with her toys.

The young mother smiled and shook her head, before following her younger sister's lead and making her way into the kitchen.

"Edward wants to meet Charlie," Bella muttered as soon as Christina stepped into the kitchen. She was leaned up against the tan counters, with her hands rested on the top at her side; her fingers drumming lightly with her thoughts.

"And?" Christina chuckled as she pulled out food for dinner. "Just tell him the truth."

"Yeah, I'll just tell him that my vampire boyfriend wants me to watch his vampire family play baseball in a thunderstorm," Bella scoffed. Christina just laughed in reply.

"You're worrying for nothing." Christina laughed.

"Easy for you to say," Bella sighed. "Charlie already knows Carlisle, and likes him."

"You're not wrong," came her smart remark.

Bella leaned forward and slapped her sister's arm.