f o u r

a/n ; I hate myself, I hate myself—

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter four
the end ; part two.

As soon as the front door opened, Charlie Swan knew that something was wrong. He quietly leads Annie into the house; the five-year-old ran off into the kitchen to grab a snack from the fridge.

Charlie glanced out of the front door, seeing both of his daughter's vehicles parked out front. There was hardly any noise coming from the house, which was unusual when both Bella and Christina were home. Either one of them would be cooking dinner around this time, or watching a movie in the living room.

Charlie hung up his gun over the fireplace as he walked back into the hallway, glancing up the stairs— waiting to hear any sort of noise coming from either of the girls' room.

"Christina?" He called as he walked up the stairs. "Bella?"

He became worried as he didn't receive an answer from either daughter. He looked into Bella's open bedroom door, noticing that there has been no change since this morning to her room. He furrowed his brows before moving towards Christina's room.

Her bedroom door was closed, so he knocked twice. "Chris?"

Again, there was no answer to his call. He grabbed the handle and pushed open the door. "Christina?"

The young mother glanced over her shoulder as her bedroom door opened. She had been staring blankly at a picture of her, Carlisle, and Annie from Bella's party. The three of them were happy, and together.

Christina met eye contact with her father, and her eyes started burning again with tears.

"Chris? Didn't you hear me calling you—" He huffed out a breath as Christina ran into his arms. He looked down at her as he felt sobs start to rack her body. "What's going on, Chris? Talk to me."

"He's gone," she sobbed.

Charlie wrapped his arms around her shoulders, not understanding what she meant. "What?"

"He's gone, dad—" she choked out. "He left, he's gone. I love him, and it wasn't enough to keep him here."

Charlie was still terribly confused at the information that Christina was giving him, but he continued to hold her while she sobbed openly into his shoulder. There was only one other time when Charlie had seen his eldest daughter cry this hard— and it was when Jonathon Miller died in a car crash.