n i n e

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter nine
cheater.

        Green eyes blinked tiredly as she stared at the laptop in front of her. She already sent in her thesis to her professor earlier that day, but for some reason she kept rereading it over again. She almost wished that she had taken a semester off from college— almost.

"Hey, Nina?"

The brunette looked over her shoulder in surprise to see Bella leaning against her doorframe. The bags under her eyes matching the purple comforters on her bed that she wrapped herself in the previous night from her never ending nightmare.

"What's up?" Christina turned fully around in her chair at her desk, giving her younger sister her undivided attention.

"If I asked you to keep something a secret, would you?" Bella asked, tugging the sleeves of her shirt over her pale hands.

Christina narrowed her eyes suspiciously, before pointing to her bed. "Sit."

Bella did so without question.

"Are you in trouble?" Christina asked, relaxing as her sister shook her head. "Is someone else?"

"No," Bella answered. "I bought something... something that Charlie wouldn't approve of."

Christina nodded her head slowly. "You mean like Bob Marks old motorcycles?"

Bella's eyes popped. "How did you—"

"Bella, I'm a mom. I have this sense about things," Christina paused before shrugging her shoulders. "Plus, I saw him help you load the bikes in your truck bed earlier."

"So, you won't tell Charlie?"

Christina sighed as she slammed her laptop closed. "No, I won't tell dad... yet. I don't want to see you visit the hospital anytime soon."

Bella crossed her heart. "The bikes won't be done for another month. Uh— Jacob Black is helping me fix them."

"That poor boy." Christina stood up from her desk chair. "How did you manage to talk him into it?" She paused. "Actually, don't answer that. I don't think that kid's ever said no to you."

Christina watched in slight amazement as a faint blush appeared on the tops of Bella's cheeks.

"We're just friends," Bella insisted.