t h r e e

a/n ; I am not okay.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter three
the end ; part one.

      It had been three days since Christina's talked to Carlisle or any other Cullen member. The first day after Bella's accident, Rosalie had tried calling her phone. Christina wished she could say that she answered and that everything was alright— but she would be lying.

She couldn't get the cries from Annie, and the growls from Jasper out of her head— even if she didn't blame them for anything that transpired at the party. She couldn't. She knew what she was getting into being in a relationship with Carlisle; he was a vampire, his family were vampires. One drop of blood and the whole house could go down, and she knew that. She just didn't think it was ever going to happen.

She put too much trust in the scenario, even while knowing how accident-prone Bella was. She couldn't blame her sister for what happened either. The young Swan already put too much of the weight of the situation on her shoulders, even after Christina told her many times that it wasn't anyone's fault that it happened— and they should just be thankful that it didn't end up with someone losing their life.

Of course, she was trying to be optimistic about the situation. She couldn't be truthful about how the growls and body slamming against each other kept her up at night. She couldn't tell the truth about why Annie was sleeping in her mother's bed for the past three nights. She didn't want to admit that it was because she was scared— the situation scared her to the point of not being able to sleep, and it was starting to show.

Christina wanted to throw a tantrum. She felt like she was ten years old again; her emotions were so high strung these past couple of days. The bags under her eyes wouldn't conceal no matter how much makeup she tried putting on.

The young mother grumbled under her breath as she slammed her makeup brush in her bag. She pushed away from the mirror in front of her, giving up on the effort it took to try and look decent. There was no point anymore, she was already late for work.

It wasn't like Carlisle had been showing up for his shifts anyway. She had tried leaving him a message on his phone late last night after another nightmare of growls and screaming. She had mentioned that she missed him, but couldn't speak for long before the waterworks started, and she got emotional. She ended the message with a watery I love you before hanging up and shutting off her phone.

She had yet to turn it back on.

Christina has once again dismissed the concerned questions from her co-workers. The hardest to lie to was Darien. He read her like an open book and knew exactly what the problem was without knowing the situation.