t e n

( outfit for chapter
same as last )

( outfit for chaptersame as last )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter ten
theories.

        "How about some answers?" Bella asked, breaking the almost uncomfortable silence in the car.

Christina almost wanted to slap her sister for being so abrupt. She thought she raised her better.

Edward hummed. "Yes, no. To get to the other side, and 1.772453851–"

"I didn't ask for the square root of pie," Bella sighed. Christina snorted after Edward's surprised expression.

"You knew that?"

"How did you find us?" Bella asked, getting straight to the point. The young mother had to admit, she was also curious about how Edward had found them when they were so far out of the downtown city. It couldn't have been a coincidence.

"I didn't," Edward answered shortly.

Bella narrowed her eyes. "You can stop the car, then."

Christina sighed. "Bella—"

"Bella, please," Edward pleaded lightly. "Don't."

The young brunette crossed her arms. "Were you following us?"

Edward hesitated for a moment. "I feel very protective of you."

"Is that a yes?"

Again, Edward sighed. "Yes, I tried to keep my distance... until you needed my help."

There was a short silence in the car before Christina's dark humor decided to pop in. "Well. I, for one, am glad you did."

Edward's lips twitched slightly.

"Okay," Bella continued. "You mentioned earlier that you... heard what those guys were thinking. So, can you... read minds?"

Christina's green eyes widened slightly as she turned towards the young Cullen. She was afraid to know the answer— there were too many personal thoughts that ran through her head. Too many memories.

Edward shrugged. "I'm thinking about getting a nine hundred number."

Christina's heart dropped. "So, you can read minds?" The young mother asked as the Volvo stopped at a red light. Green eyes turned outside of her window to see that they were in the center of Forks.