f o u r t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter fourteen
confessions.

        "He's been a mess, you know."

Christina turned her head at Edward's words. She was still standing on the porch at the Cullen's house, waiting for Carlisle's return. It's only been ten minutes since he left, and Christina didn't feel right to wait inside without permission— so, she waited patiently outside.

"I know," Christina muttered back, wrapping her jacket closer to her body as the wind passed back. "I just didn't think it'd be this bad." The brunette sighed heavily. "I'm just scared."

"He knows that," Edward replied. He moved slowly to stand next to her; both of them looking out towards the trees. "It's why he hasn't tried to make any contact. He's scared, too."

Christina nodded, taking her lower lip between her teeth.

"He's also scared of losing you," the russet haired boy continued. "After we transition, our emotions become heightened. We feel what you feel, but emotions can cripple us. In just the short amount of time, you, Annie, and Bella have become important to our lives."

"It's just all so new." Christina turned her head away from the woods and looked up at Edward. "I just want to protect my daughter."

"Have you thought that, maybe, he wants to protect her, too?" Edward questioned, hardly allowing the brunette time to think. The young vampire turned around and went back into the house, leaving the mother to her thoughts.

"Hey, Edward?" Christina called, making the russet haired boy turn his head around. "Thank you."

He nodded with a half-smile on his face. "Feel free to wait inside. No one's home and I'm heading out to see Bella."

Christina gave him a soft smile in return. "Thank you."

He gave her one last nod of his head before disappearing from view; just like Carlisle did only moments before.

Another cool breeze blew by the brunette before she took Edward's offer and stepped into the empty house. It was much like she remembered the last time she visited the Cullen's household; though, the last time she was here, she didn't get much time to appreciate the effort that went into the building.

With slow steps, Christina walked upstairs and into the living room. The young adult knew that curiosity wasn't always the best emotion, but she couldn't help herself from continuing into the hallway past the kitchen. Most of the doors were closed, making her believe they were the occupants' rooms— before she comes upon a room that looked more like a public library than a room. It was spacious and had multiple bookcases across the walls. A few chairs were laying around in the corners, but a desk in the middle of the room, with a whole computer set up.