s e v e n t e e n

( outfit for chapter
same as last )

( outfit for chaptersame as last )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter seventeen
carlisle.

        As Christina and Carlisle walked around the house, with Annie resting on top of the mother's hip, the sound of piano filled the air.

The young mother gave a questioning glance towards the blond doctor. "Who plays the piano?" she asked as they came upon Carlisle's office again, the three of them pausing in their tour.

"Edward," Carlisle answered, leaning casually against his desk in the middle of the room.

Annie slipped out from Christina's hold as she roamed around the room, dancing lightly to the piano in the background.

"Can you play as well?" Christina asked. The grin never leaves her face from her daughter's dancing.

Carlisle shrugged. "I know a few songs— but nothing compared to how Edward or Rosalie play."

Christina nodded her head. "So, where are the other two? Rosalie and Emmett, right?"

Carlisle nodded his head slowly. "Rosalie is still new to the idea of having humans around."

"Ah," Christina nodded, understanding immediately. "She's against the idea of us being in your lives?"

"She's just worried about it ending badly," Carlisle sighed.

"Badly as in..."

Carlisle pursed his lips at her open-ended sentence, both of them already know the answer.

Christina just silently nodded her head. "I see."

"None of you have anything to worry about." Carlisle stepped closer to the young mother. He reached out and gently squeezed her hand, giving her slight reassurance.

A knock interrupted their conversation. The two adults turned their heads as Edward and Bella stepped into the office, hands clenched together between them.

"Come in." Carlisle gave them both a nod of approval.

Annie skipped over towards her mother as the couple fully entered the room. "Mommy, the music stopped."

Christina chuckled lightly before looking up at Edward. "Annie likes your playing."

Edward gave a crooked smile to the five-year-old. "I'll be sure to play for you sometime soon."