f i f t e e n

( outfit for chapter
same as last )

( outfit for chapter same as last )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter fifteen
mind over matter.

"Annie misses you, y'know?" Christina mentioned as she and Carlisle walked towards her car.

It was a nice and informative conversation between the two adults; and Christina did feel a bit better after Carlisle explained his story. She was still nervous about the supernatural around her five-year-old, but another part of her couldn't imagine a better protection system.

The biggest worry on Christina's mind was one of the Cullen's losing control, but the blond doctor was quick to inform her that Alice— who has visions of the future— would see anything bad happening before it happened. Even though her visions were subjective and only mattered on the person's decisions, the young mother still was a little comforted knowing that there was a chance of stopping anything from getting too far. It would still be a while before Christina decided to bring Annie around the other Cullen's, just because of a mother's worry.

"Really?" Carlisle chuckled lightly. "I miss her, as well."

Christina sighed. "Well, I missed you, too— I'm sorry that I didn't trust you—"

Carlisle shook his head, immediately stopping the young mother's apology. "There's no need to apologize for putting your daughter before anything else. I don't blame you for it. As a parental role for the others, I get it." He pushed a fly-away curl behind Christina's ear lightly; trailing his cold fingers down to her chin. "I missed you, too."

Christina bit the inside of her lip to keep the smile at bay from his returning affection. "I should go. Don't want to leave Dad with the duty of putting Annie to bed. Lord knows she can be a handful."

Carlisle gently rubbed his thumb against her jaw as he nodded. "Do something for me?"

The young mother wordlessly nodded her head.

"Call me when you wake up tomorrow morning," he muttered quietly. "I want to take you and Annie somewhere tomorrow."

"Okay," Christina whispered with a soft grin.

Carlisle grinned down back at her before landing a soft kiss on the crown of her head before stepping back and opening her driver's side door for her. She silently gave him a thankful smile as she sat down in the leather seat.

"Until tomorrow." He gave her one last bright smile before closing her door and stepping back; allowing her to back out of the driveway.