e l e v e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter eleven
the meadow.

Jacob Black was sick, and Bella was back to being a zombie. Bella had went to the movies with Jacob and Mike Newton— which was awkward in itself as Bella described. Since the flu was going around, and more people were getting checked out at the hospital, Christina had been working overtime so she couldn't join the group going to the movies— along with five of Bella's other friends.

Bella had ended up getting sick from Mike as he went to the movies with the flu. Christina was careful to wear a mask around the hospital, and kept Bella quarantined to her room. The young mother couldn't afford to get sick with the extra hours the hospital was handing out. She couldn't say no to extra money in her bank account.

Once Bella had recovered, the phone calls began. Christina watched silently as Bella called the Black household five times a day— each time the phone call went straight to voicemail. Billy had informed the Swan residence that Jacob was sick with mono. It seemed strange to the young mother since mono was a sickness that often involved swapping saliva.

"I didn't think Jacob went around kissing girls," Christina had joked, but it didn't help Bella's dive back into her depression.

"He doesn't," she muttered back.

The nightmares had started back up. The first night it shocked the whole household. Charlie and Christina busted into Bella's room and tried calming her down. The young mother had to leave the room to make sure Annie was still asleep in her own bed, leaving Charlie to talk to his daughter.

"I need your help with something," Bella muttered as Christina walked through the door.

The young mother had just dropped Annie off at Sue's since the older woman loved to spoil the six year old. Christina didn't mind leaving her with the Clearwater's. Sue and Seth easily entertained Annie. It was nice to know that Christina could take a day for herself, and get caught up on her errands and chores.

Christina placed her keys on the hook, nodding to Bella to continue.

"There's a meadow," Bella paused. She wrapped her arms around her chest, keeping her emotions under control. "E-Edward and I used to go to."

"Bella," Christina sighed deeply.

"I know that it's a bad idea, a-and I should forget him. I know," the young girl was quick to explain, making Christina go quiet. "I just need to see it. I need to know the relationship was real. He took everything with him. Everything that would remind me of him— he took."