💖 Snake (Dwayne) 💖

You and Dwayne pulled up to the pet shop a few miles from your home. It was closing soon, so you weren't sure why he took you. Not to mention the fact that neither of you had a pet.

"Remember when I asked what you wanted for your birthday?" He asked.

You nodded. Your birthday wasn't for another three days, though. "Yeah. And I told you I wanted a snake."

He nodded, and then you pieced it together.

"Oh, no way!" You gasped, jumping out of your car, which he was driving, and looking at the store.

He chuckled and got out.

"Let's go pick one out," he said.

He followed you inside. You found the huge sign that said reptiles in rough font and all but skipped back to it. Along the huge back wall, in glass aquariums of various sizes, there were tons of different reptiles.

"Snakes," he said, finding the right section. You moved over and started reading the names, looking for the kind you wanted. When you found the right one, you noticed there were two.

"How can I help you?" The employee asked, appearing from an aisle of dog food.

"May I hold a California King snake?" You asked.

She nodded and came over with a smile.

You were almost bouncing in excitement as she opened the aquarium.

"Male or female?" She asked.

You thought for a second. "Male."

You didn't want to take the chance of your new pet producing a bunch more snakes.

She nodded and gave you the animal.

The snake warmed up to you at once. It slithered around your arms, sniffed you a few times, and tried getting in the pocket of your hoodie.

"I love him," you said, petting his little head.

"Is this the one you want?" Dwayne asked.

You nodded.

You chose some supplies for your new pet. Dwayne, despite your protests, paid for everything.

When you were back in the car, you looked at Dwayne.

"You should name him," you suggested.

He chuckled. "Okay." He thought for a few minutes. "How about Peanut?"

You grinned and looked at your snake.

"Peanut. I like that," you said.

You ran a finger along your new pet's back. "Welcome to the family, little Peanut."