💖 Christmas Morning (David) 💖

"Mom! Dad! Wake up!"

Your three kids bounced around the bed you shared with David, yelling with excitement for you to rise.

The two of you had stayed up late getting everything ready for Christmas morning. You opened your eyes, glancing over at David.

"David, honey, we have to get up," you said.

He didn't budge.

"Dad!" Your oldest son, Harrison, groaned. He smacked the pillow by David's head. "Get up, or we're having Christmas without you!"

You chuckled as you sat up. The sun was barely coloring the sky, so the light in your room was coming from the ceiling. One of the kids must have turned it on. Not Rose, since she was just two and barely tall enough to get cups of the table.

"Poke his face!" Isaiah suggested.

Harrison began poking David's face. Following his example, Rose jabbed her finger into his cheek.

"Guys, can't I have just a little longer?" David groaned. His voice was raspy from his sleep.

"No! It's Christmas!" Isaiah cheered.

Sighing, David sat up.

"Give us a moment, okay? Mommy and I will be out very soon," David told them.

The three kids ran out of the room. David looked at you, smiling.

"You ready?"

You nodded. All year, you were excited for this day.

"Of course," you said.

You guys got up, ready to start your Christmas.