💖 Rude (Dwayne) 💖

You were with a group of your friends, and Dwayne, at your best friend's house. Dwayne and you didn't get along the greatest, but he was close with your best friend so you were around him a lot.

"Y/n, truth or dare?" Your friend, Andrea, asked.

You nibbled your bottom lip, considering it. The past four times, you had picked dare. You had licked a floor, prank called someone, eaten a spoon of ketchup, and declared your nonexistent love for mayonnaise to all the neighbors with a loud shouting. It was time to choose different.

"Okay, truth," you decided.

Andrea thought for a bit and then grinned, raising her eyebrows.

"Alright. If you had to kiss either Dwayne or Paul, who would you pick?" She asked.

Your face heated at once and you dropped your gaze, though everyone was staring and waiting. Finally, you made yourself calm down and answer. "Um, Dwayne, I guess."

In all honesty, you had always been insanely attracted to Dwayne. His long hair, tall body, dark eyes... everything about him.

"Really? Come on, y/n," Dwayne huffed.

"Sorry," you muttered.

"Well, don't apologize to me. What about everyone that just had to picture that?"

You rolled your eyes and looked at him. "Someone just go," you said before you could snap.

"Dwayne! Truth or dare?" Another friend, Felix, asked.

"Truth," the vampire replied, looking at Felix.

"Who do you have a crush on?"

Dwayne snorted. "A crush? What is this, third grade?" He chuckled. "I'm not y/n."

You stood up and rolled your eyes.

"I'm sorry, guys, I'm taking off."

As you started to walk towards the door, you heard footsteps behind you.  You assumed it was Allison, your best friend. Or maybe Andrea. The hand that reached for yours and stopped you was much larger, though, and you turned around to see Dwayne. The two of you were alone; product of walking down a hallway and into a separate room to get to the front door.

"Y/n, don't go."

You scoffed. "You should be happy, Dwayne, considering you despise me so much."

He sighed, scratching his neck and examining your expression. 

"I don't hate you," he told you.

"Yeah, clearly."

He sighed and stepped a little closer. You resisted the urge to back up. It would only be rude and you wanted to allow him to explain himself. Or whatever he was trying to do.

"Will you please just listen to me? I know I don't deserve it, but let me explain myself," he said.

You nodded. "Go ahead."

He took a breath and considered his words for a bit. Then he looked away to the plain wall next to you.

"It sounds crazy," he warned.

"Just spit it out."

He looked back at you and his stunning eyes met yours. Your breath caught in your throat when he beamed at you, his perfect teeth glistening behind his almost-irresistable lips. You caught it again and sighed, raising an eyebrow in await.

"It's you, y/n."

"What?" You furrowed your eyebrows, confused. You were a lot of things. Irritated, mostly.

"My crush. Listen, I've liked you for a while now." He stepped closer and your eyes went wide. Was this happening? "Now, it sounds cheesy, but I knew there was something different about you from the moment we met. There was a bond, and something is there that I can't force away."

You frowned. "Then why were you always so... you know, rude?"

He shrugged. "I have no idea how to talk to people. It was the only way I could capture your attention."

You stepped closer and smiled.

"You could've just started a conversation, Dwayne. I've always sort of had a thing for you, too."

He grinned. "I'll keep that in mind."

With that, he leaned down and pressed his gentle lips against yours, starting something you both had secretly wanted for months.