💖 Come on Get Higher (Marco) 💖

You and Marco were laying in bed. Your head was on his chest, and his arms were around your waist. Neither of you were really talking. Instead, both of you were listening to the music that was quietly playing through the room as the light coming in from the window warmed your bedroom.

Several songs had passed, yet neither of you felt like getting up. Once in a while, one of you would say something to the other. Commenting on a song, mentioning how warm you were, complimenting each other. Other than that, it was calm and close to silent.

One song, a song by Ed Sheeran, faded. Another song that you absolutely loved came on. In your head, you sang every word. Even the music behind the words made you calm, happy, and think of Marco.

Towards the end, Marco looked down at you.

"What's this song called?" He asked.

"Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson," you replied.

He was quiet as the song finished. He looked at you.

"It reminds me of you. That's the song I'm dedicating to you, even though it isn't mine," he told you.

You smiled and looked up, pressing your lips to his jaw carefully.

"I love that song," you said.

He smiled and moved a strand of hair from your face.

"Want to go get some breakfast?" He suggested.

You nodded, getting up and preparing to start the day. On the way to the cafe, he played that song on repeat. He learned every word and beat for you.