💖 Anniversary (Michael) 💖

"Where are we going?" You giggled.

Michael smiled at you, his blue eyes taking on a glittery appearance.

"I already told you, it's a surprise!" He said.

You sighed and looked out the window, trying to get a hint from your surroundings.

Michael had been driving, with you perched in the passenger seat, for two and a half hours. It was your second dating anniversary, and he had been planning whatever was going on for months. He wouldn't even let a tiny hint slip. You had even tried asking Sam, Michael's younger brother. No luck.

"Close your eyed," he instructed.

"What?"

He sighed. "Just do it."

You shut your eyes and hid your face in your hands. After five minutes or so, he parked the car. You heard him get out, then your door opened.

Michael undid your seatbelt and took one of your hands.

"Can I open my eyes?" You asked him.

"Nope."

You frowned. "Michael, how do you expect me to walk?"

He chuckled and scooped you into his arms.

You laughed. "Babe, put me down."

"Not a chance. Keep your eyes shut."

It was quiet for the next few minutes, just the sound of a slight breeze and Michael's footsteps. Finally, he stopped and put you down.

"Can I open my eyes now?" You questioned. You were excited and growing more impatient. He'd been teasing you with this day for a while.

"One second."

After a minute or so, he took your hand.

"Okay. Open them," he told you.

You opened your eyes to tons of twinkling lights strung on branches of the trees that surrounded you, lighting up the dark section of the forest you were in. You absolutely loved the woods.

But there was something else more important, more eye-catching. Michael, on one knee, holding your hand. Your heart skipped a beat.

"Y/n, I love you so much more than you'll ever understand. You make me so incredibly happy, and I want to keep you around forever. Will you marry me?" He asked.

Your eyes were tearing up.

He produced a small black box covered in velvet. He opened it and placed it in your hand. The ring that sat inside was absolutely stunning. A simple gold band with a circular diamond in the center, dotted with tinier diamonds around the gem.

"Oh, my god! Yes! Of course I'll marry you!" You exclaimed.

He slid the ring onto the proper finger and stood up, pulling you in for a tight hug and a celebratory kiss.