💖 I Love You (Marco) 💖

You were baking cupcakes for your brother's birthday. Marco was helping. Well, if you could call it that. Really, he was just sitting on the counter asking a lot of questions.

"Are you having fun?" You chuckled as you finished mixing the pink food coloring into the frosting. It was your brother's favorite color.

"Yeah. You?" He smiled.

You nodded. "I suppose."

He watched you fill the piping bags with frosting, and create the designs on the cupcakes. They were just simple swirls, so it didn't take long.

There was a little extra, so you smirked to yourself. You squeezed some onto your finger and turned to Marco, who was looking at the sprinkles you had picked.

"Marco," you caught his attention.

He looked up at you to see what you needed. You took a step forward and wiped the icing on the tip of his nose.

He looked surprised for a second, then smiled. "Hey!"

You giggled as he poked his tongue out, trying to reach it without success.

He grabbed the piping bag, and you widened your eyes.

"Come here!" He exclaimed.

"No!" You moved over to the table, hiding behind one of the chairs. You were ready to use it as a shield if necessary.

"Come here!" He repeated with a laugh.

You shook your head. "No."

He laughed and squeezed some of it onto your hand, surprising you.

He set it on the table then, opening his arms.

"Truce?"

You raised an eyebrow at him in suspicion.

He laughed, apparently reading your thoughts. "I won't touch the frosting again."

Satisfied, you wrapped your arms around his waist. He kissed the top of your head.

"I love you," you said. It was the first time either of you had said the words, so he was surprised. But there was no hesitation before he answered.

"I love you, too."