💖 Christmas Eve (Michael) 💖

You took a sip of your hot cocoa and peeked at the screen. Your favorite part of The Grinch was on, and you didn't want to miss it.

"I can't wait. They're finally old enough to understand Christmas," Michael said.

He was talking about your twin boys, Adam and Ashton. You had their stocking stuffers and wrapped presents in front of you, along with their empty stockings.

"Yeah. I've been looking forward to this moment my whole life," you agreed.

You grabbed Ashton's stocking and began putting the stuffers inside. You did it in the most organized way possible, but the stocking still stretched tight around all the items when you were done.

Michael slid Adam's over to you. It, too, was filled to the brim.

"Will you please make sure the boys are asleep before we start taking this stuff out there?" You requested.

"Of course," Michael said. He got up and disappeared from your shared bedroom. Two minutes later, he was back.

"They're out cold."

Smiling, you picked up both stockings. Michael grabbed some of the presents. Moving on your toes, you moved to the living room.

"I'm going to hang the stockings right here," you whispered. After hanging them in the perfect spot, you started helping Michael carry the presents to the living room. Once they were all there, you organized them by size under the tree.

"It's officially ready," you beamed. You sat on the floor, staring at your work. The tree's twinkling lights were the only source of illumination in the room, but you could still see Michael's grinning face when he sat next to you.

He looked at you for a second, then kissed your cheek.

"I can't wait for them to wake up. They're going to be so happy," he said.

You nodded, checking the time. There were still several hours, but you were so excited. Your kids would finally understand Christmas.