💖 Bad Dreams (Michael) 💖

You sat up, gasping as the tears rolled down your cheeks. The image was still fresh in your mind- Michael crashing his car into the building and the blood pouring from his head. The sound of the heart monitor releasing a continuous beep.

"Y/n?" Michael's voice was groggy.

"Go back to sleep," you said.

He sat up, turning on the lap. His eyes focused on you for a second.

"What's wrong?"

The sight of him sent you into another round of hysterics. Your arms went around his neck and you cried into his chest. Hesitantly, his arms encircled you.

"Y/n, you're scaring me. What's going on?" He asked.

It was a few minutes before you could even talk.

"Y- you were dead!" You choked out.

"Uhhhh..."

You shook your head, pulling away but grabbing his hands with yours. You couldn't tolerate not touching him.

"No, I mean in my dream. You- you crashed your car. You were dead."

The tears, though slowing now, were still a nice little stream on your face. He sighed and kissed your forehead.

"It was just a nightmare, y/n. I'm right here. I'm okay," he said.

You nodded, leaning against him again.

"I know. It just seemed so real," you said.

He wrapped his protective arms around you again.

"It's alright."

You took another ten minutes or so to calm down. He didn't remove his arms, and you didn't move either.

Once you were done crying, you pulled away and looked at him.

"I'm sorry I woke you," you said.

He shook his head.

"Don't ever hesitate to wake me up if you need me, okay? Especially if you've had a nightmare or something," he told you.

You leaned forward, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Thank you for being there. It means a lot."

He nodded.

"Of course. I love you."

You kissed his cheek, smiling a little at him.

"I love you, too."

The two of you laid back down, and he turned off the lamp. You snuggled against him, your head on his chest. You weren't sure if he noticed or not, but you placed your ear right over his heart. His arms, warm and safe, clutched you against him.

You fell asleep fast then, having no more bad dreams that night.