💖 Promise (Paul) 💖

"So, princess, we started dating one year ago," Paul mentioned.

You guys were having dinner to celebrate. You swallowed your pasta and nodded.

"Yeah," you said.

You remembered the day Paul had asked you out. You guys were walking around the board walk, and you stopped in front of a little shop. There was a stuffed dinosaur in there that caught your eye, and you fell in love with it.

"Look at that dinosaur!" You pointed at the big blue t-rex. You were going to wait until your next paycheck to buy it, but he went in and got it for you. As he handed it to you, he casually asked you to be his. You agreed at once, as you had liked him for a long time.

"Princess?" Paul caught your attention again, smiling when you blinked a few times.

"What? Sorry, got distracted," you said.

He chuckled.

He passed a small gift bag over to you. You frowned.

"Paul, you didn't have to-"

"Just open it."

You had given him his gift earlier, and he gave you one that you assumed was yours. You felt bad now that he was giving you something else.

You took the shiny bag and opened it. Inside, there was a little box wrapped in shiny black paper.

You pulled the box out and, as he watched intently, unwrapped it.

The box was a plain cardboard box. When you opened it, it revealed yet another box that was wrapped in shiny black paper.

"Babe," you pouted.

He laughed as you unwrapped the second box.

"I had to make it more interesting." He shrugged.

You shoved the wrapping paper shreds into the bag. In your hand, you held a shiny silver box. He was still watching as you pulled it open.

Inside, in a bed of tight velvet, sat a cute little ring. It was shaped like a tiara, with stones of your favorite color adorning it.

"Paul, it's so pretty," you told him.

You pulled it out of the box and slipped it on. It was a perfect fit, and you wondered how he got your size.

"It's a promise ring," he stated.

Your eyes widened, and you smiled.

"Really?"

He nodded.

"Of course. I fully intend on marrying you one day, princess. So, until I propose, you can wear that."

You grinned. "I love it."

You looked down at the ring, loving it absolutely but excited for the day it would be replaced with an engagement ring.