💖 Newborn (Star) 💖

"Give me one last push, okay?" The doctor told you.

It was excruciating. As you pushed more to deliver your baby, you screamed.

Star looked at you, her eyes bright and full of excitement. She was grinning.

"You're doing great, babe! You can do this!" She encouraged.

You squeezed her hand tighter and began pushing again.

The two of you had been married for nearly three years now. A year ago, you started talking seriously about babies. So, after a few different tries, you guys had a successful artificial insemination. Now, you were giving birth to your first child.

You relaxed. Soon, crying filled the room. You grinned and your eyes filled with tears.

The nurse wrapped your baby in a soft blanket.

"It's a boy!" She exclaimed.

You giggled as she handed the baby to you. Star and you stared down at your tiny baby.

"He's perfect," you said. Tears were rolling down your cheeks. Tears of joy, of course.

"What's his name?" The nurse asked.

You and Star had decided on baby names months ago.

"Jasper Liam," Star answered.

Jasper opened his eyes. They were the exact same shade as yours. You grinned and began crying a fresh wave of tears.

Gently, you kissed his forehead.

"I'm going to give you to your other mommy now, okay? But we both love you so so much," you told him.

He made a quiet, content noise. As Star took him into her arms, her eyes were wide.

"Welcome to the family, little Jasper," she whispered as he wrapped his hand around her finger.

You knew right then that you couldn't wait to have more.