💖 Attention (Paul) 💖

You were sitting on the couch, munching on the leftover popcorn from your movie date. Paul was on the loveseat, diagonal from you, watching reruns of some obnoxious show.

"Paul, I'm bored."

He didn't say anything, and you frowned. There was no way he could be that interested in a home improvement show, especially not an episode you had both seen before.

"Babe," you pouted. He glanced at you, but then focused on the TV again instead. 

You sighed and looked at your popcorn. It had grown cold and almost stale, as movie theater popcorn always does after a couple hours. You picked up a piece, aimed, and tossed it through the air. It smacked him on the left side of his forehead and fell to the couch.

Though this did nothing for Paul, it did pique the interest of your little dog. Ham (Paul named him) perked up his ears. He stood from his curled position next to your boyfriend and moved over to the discarded snack. He sniffed it, and then you could hear his crunching.

Once the piece was swallowed, Ham looked at you with wide and patient eyes. You sighed and tossed him another piece.

After several pieces, it was evident it wouldn't work. Giving up, you moved over to the loveseat and sat next to him, on the side Ham- who was curled up and sleeping again- hadn't claimed. You sighed and looked at Paul.

"Babe, are you mad at me?" You asked. It wouldn't have made much sense, considering the wonderful night you guys had had just a few hours before. Still, you tried to think of anything you could've said or done that would upset him.

"No, love," he answered.

You frowned and watched him for a moment. He was still enthralled, though his eyes looked bored and his expression was bland, in the episode. So you looked at the screen and tried to get into it.

Nope, it wasn't working. You were watching them choose paint colors for a bathroom, and they were choosing wrong. You sighed and looked back at Paul.

He half-smiled to himself when you leaned over and kissed his cheek. You narrowed your eyes but didn't say anything. 

"Babe, entertain me," you said.

He chuckled but didn't look away. "Later."

You dramatically fell onto your back, your head in his lap and your arm going over your eyes in a very overexaggerated movement.

"I'm dying. I need your affection," you said.

"You're not dying," he chuckled.

Sighing, you stood up and went to your bedroom. There, you pulled one of his favorite hoodies down. You changed into that and your favorite pair of leggings. Fixing your hair, you went back to the living room. 

He looked at you and smiled at once. "Is that my hoodie?"

You pretended not to hear him as you took a seat on the couch. The TV was suddenly very interesting to you. From the corner of your eye, though, you could see him watching you.

"Aw, y/n, don't be like that," he said.

You raised an eyebrow, and he stood up. Ham- who always liked him better- raised his head and watched with curious eyes.

Paul sat next to you and opened his arms. "Come here, baby."

Content, you snuggled up in his lap as his arms closed around you. 

"Was that so hard?" You huffed.

He kissed your head. "I was just messing with you."

You nodded. "I suspected as much."

He chuckled and fixed one string of the hoodie.

"This looks really good on you," he stated.

You smiled. "Thanks."

He kissed you gently. "You know I love you, right?"

You nodded and beamed. "I love you, too."

Then you guys snuggled up and fell asleep making fun of people's furniture choices.