💖 Lost (Marco) 💖

"Isaiah??" You called, jogging down the street. You were running out of breath, but it didn't matter.

You looked down an alleyway, slowing briefly but picking the jog back up when you didn't find what you were looking for.

As you turned the corner, you ran right into a group of guys. One of them steadied you as you almost fell over. The four of them looked at you.

"Are you alright?" The one that caught you asked. You noticed at once that he was attractive, even though it didn't matter. His hair was blonde and curly, long in the back. His smile was bright under his light eyes.

"I'm looking for my son. He went to play with some friends and hasn't made it home yet. But all his friends have," you said. You knew this because you called all their parents and they had their children.

"What's his name?" One of them asked.

"Isaiah. He's four years old, comes up to my hip..."

You spent half an hour learning the four boy's names and telling them about your son. They helped you search, after swapping phone numbers, for about four hours. It was just past two in the morning when you stopped, sobbing.

"What if he's dead?" You asked Marko.

He shook his head. "He isn't. He's somewhere, we just have to find him. Why don't you call the cops in the morning and report it?"

You nodded. You tried, but they said it had to be reported the day after your child disappeared.

"I will. They open in five hours," you said.

"Here, I'll take you home. If you don't find him by tomorrow evening, I'll come help you look some more."

That's how it was for three weeks. Each night, except on Tuesdays and Saturdays, the four boys would help you search the city and surrounding places. The cops were next to useless, though Isaiah did get a news article or two.

Though you tried hard not to lose hope, it was hard. You knew you would never give up, but you broke down any time you had to go into your son's room or answer questions from one of the boys.

You were sitting up one evening, having just gotten ready to go looking for your son. It was a Saturday, which meant you were going alone. You had already decided to drive around a city two hours away, asking people about your child. There wasn't much else you could do.

There was a knock on your door. Crossing your fingers, you moved over to it. You unlocked it and pulled it open.

Marko stood there, grinning. "Guess what?"

Before you could say anything, arms wrapped around your waist. "Mommy!"

You couldn't believe it. You ducked down, looking into your son's eyes.

"Isaiah?"

He nodded. "I missed you, mommy!"

A cop car pulled into the driveway. The officer got out, walking over to the three of you.

"Isaiah?" The officer asked.

The child walked over to him. You looked at Marko.

"Where was he? How did you..." You shook your head and wrapped your arms around him, squeezing as tears rolled down your cheeks. "Thank you so much!"

He nodded. "He was with some creepy guy. I, um, I took care of it."

You frowned. "How?"

Then you realized. See, a couple of weeks ago, they had told you they were vampires. It's why they stayed away twice a week- feeding. You didn't believe it until they proved it to you.

"Oh. Did you, um,"

Marko grinned, cutting you off. "Yep. He's gone now."

You were too thrilled to care. Besides, that asshole had put your son in so much danger. You were a little happy.

"I wish I could do that," you muttered.

He raised an eyebrow. "He's got friends, you know. Friends that... helped."

You rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, don't worry, I'll just sink my weak human teeth into them. No problem."

He giggled. "I mean, the boys wanted me to ask you officially if you will be one of us."

You frowned. It was something you had thought about several times before.

"What about Isaiah?" You asked.

He shrugged. "We'll leave that up to him. When he's such older, of course. And the four of us can help you take care of him, too."

You grinned. "Are you sure?"

He nodded.

"What do you say?" He asked. Then he beamed. "Besides, I can officially ask you to be my girlfriend if I don't have to worry about losing you or accidentally killing you."

You grinned and stepped forward, gently pressing your lips to his.

"I think that's a wonderful idea," you said.