Chapter 11

When Lisa snuck into the bedroom to check on them the next morning, the sight before her made a wide smile spread onto her face. Jisoo was laying on her back, her arms wrapped around Jennie who was half laying atop her with her face nuzzled in Jisoo's neck. It was so adorable and so natural that it was almost as though they had been sleeping like so for all their lives.

Lisa simply couldn't resist the temptation to pull out her phone and take a picture.

But of course the camera sound went off, and the next second Jisoo's eyes burst open and she glared at Lisa angrily. "You better run for your life, bitch."

Lisa skittered away, slamming the door shut behind her and causing Jennie to wake up as well. Only then did the two of them realize that they were cuddling, and Jennie quickly pulled away, a slight redness spreading to her cheeks.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

Jisoo shrugged. "It's fine. It happens."

"It does?"

"I mean sometimes I cuddle my friends. It's not weird or anything."

"It's a little weird."

"Yeah, it's a little weird."

Jisoo wasn't about to admit that it was very weird. With friends, cuddling was fine, since it was platonic. But Jennie wasn't her friend. Jennie was her soon-to-be ex-wife, for whom she wasn't supposed to be developing feelings. Jennie was also her wife for whom she was definitely developing some level of feelings, and Jisoo failed to deny that the feeling of Jennie in her arms had been heavenly.

She cleared her throat and propped herself up with her elbows, only now noticing that it was closer to lunchtime than breakfast.

"I'm literally going to kill Lisa." Jisoo grumbled. "And Chaeyoung, too. She was in on it. They worked together against me."

Jennie sat up with a groan and smiled. "Doesn't sound like Chaeyoung."

"You have no idea how persuasive Lisa can get. If she decided to do this, there is no way Chaeyoung could've said no."

Jennie laughed. "She does seem like that."

Jisoo looked at her and suddenly was struck with an idea. "Hey, I have an idea."

"What?"

"Lisa's going to know to expect revenge from me. She'll be wary...of me."

"Go on."

"Wanna team up? She won't suspect you, you're innocent. In the spirit of showing those two meddling idiots that locking us in a bedroom together isn't ok?"

"Do you have a plan?"

*****

A little while later, Jisoo and Jennie walked down to the kitchen together. Lisa watched them carefully, taking note of how Jennie didn't even have to ask for Jisoo to wrap her arm around her waist to support her as they descended the stairs. The two of them just clicked, that much was obvious; they fit together like two pieces in a puzzle and it frustrated Lisa to no end that neither of them could see it.

She was wary of Jisoo. Jisoo seemed too calm for her to trust her, and Lisa knew Jisoo had something planned.

She always did.

"Morning," she greeted Jisoo warily.

"Morning, Lisa." Jisoo said coolly as she walked past her to the fridge, from where she pulled a cold slice of pizza and a carton of milk.

"Is that your breakfast?" Jennie asked Jisoo, eyes wide. She had a box of granola and yogurt in her hand, and had been on her way to prepared herself a healthy breakfast when she'd caught sight of Jisoo's absolute nutritional disgrace. "Pizza?"