Chapter 13

"Oh my god, Chaeyoung, come quick and tell me I'm not hallucinating."

Chaeyoung groaned when she was so rudely awakened by an overly enthusiastic Lisa's hands shoving and poking at her sides. She grabbed a pillow from her side and threw it at Lisa, who scoffed and continued poking her.

"Chaeyoung, get up."

"Go away." Chaeyoung groaned, burying her face into her pillow and swatting at Lisa to go make her go away.

"Chaeyoung, you have to get up now I think I'm having a stroke."

The woman in the bed proceeded to pull the covers over her head. "Fuck off, Lisa."

"Either you get up now or I'm jumping on you, and I guarantee you, I'm heavier than I look."

Chaeyoung snapped up quickly, and neither she nor Lisa seemed to pay much notice the fact that she was entirely topless. Lisa's face was flustered, her eyes darting around like those of an excited puppy, her grin not wavering even when Chaeyoung glared at her angrily. She was definitely not a morning person, especially not now when she was still partially settled in Senegal-time.

Chaeyoung half wanted to wring Lisa's neck for waking her up, but there was something that prevented her from doing so.

Perhaps it was the fact that Lisa was pretty adorable.

If not equally as infuriating.

"What?" Her voice came out low and husky, just barely above a growl. She was thirsty and her throat was drier than a desert.

"Come. Now."

Chaeyoung grabbed a shirt from where she'd discarded it some point during the night and followed Lisa into the living room, grumbling curses under her breath.

The sight that she came across caused her jaw to drop to the floor. There, on the couch, laid Jisoo and Jennie, completely entangled within one another and fast asleep. They were so thoroughly in each other's arms that their dark-haired and brunette hair was one mess, and Jennie's face was hidden entirely in Jisoo's neck. Jisoo's arms were so tightly around Jennie that it was almost as though she were trying to protect her, and the smile spread onto her face was almost too pure to be true. Jennie's cast arm rested on the side, while her good hand was clutching the collar of Jisoo's t-shirt; not enough to be choking her, but enough for it to look as though Jennie were clinging onto Jisoo like a baby koala. The blanket that had at some point covered them had fallen to the floor, and Chaeyoung now padded gently over to drape it over the two of them.

"Chaeyoung, don't-" Lisa whispered. But Chaeyoung managed to do it so quietly that the pair did not wake up, and she then ushered Lisa out of the living room and into the bedroom.

"Let them sleep." She said quietly.

"Oh my god oh my god-" Lisa gasped, hopping around from one foot another while trying to contain herself. Chaeyoung found herself staring at her, and once again, found an uncanny resemblance in Lisa to a five-year-old child. "Holy fucking shit, this is gold."

"Lisa, calm down."

"That...we didn't have anything to do with that, right?" Lisa wondered aloud, still astonished.

"Not to my knowledge."

"Why are they on the couch?"

"I'd figure Jisoo was sleeping on the couch and Jennie decided to sleep there too, for whatever reason."

"She'd...that's ridiculous, how can they not realize they're in love?" Lisa groaned. "This is frustrating."

"Give them time." Chaeyoung chuckled, amused at the frustrated brunette before her. "Jennie is just about the most patient person in the world. She would wait years if she had to, even if it tears her apart."