Chapter 27

Jisoo and Jennie were still in the living room when Lisa and Chaeyoung came into the house. The married pair immediately saw the slight pink that was on both of their cheeks, and Jisoo threw Lisa a knowing smirk.

"Merry Christmas, Chaeyoung." Jisoo smiled. Jennie set her book aside,got up from her seat and walked over to give Chaeyoung a hug.

"Yeah, Merry Christmas," she murmured quietly while in her embrace. "Was it really bad this year?"

Chaeyoung shrugged. "I just figured I didn't have to put up with them anymore."

She wasn't about to admit that her real reason for leaving was the fact that she now had someone she really wanted to spend Christmas with. No, she couldn't say that, not when that someone stood beside her, not while the taste of that someone still lingered on her lips and her tongue.

That would come later.

"So, what now?"

Jisoo glanced at the grandfather clock which stood behind her. "It's almost dinnertime. I hope you had the sense to fast, because your stomach will burst otherwise."

Chaeyoung laughed. "I haven't eaten anything since morning. I think I'll be fine."

Dara walked in then, and was thoroughly surprised to find Chaeyoung standing in her living room.

"Merry Christmas!"

Chaeyoung smiled. "Merry Christmas, Dara."

"Glad you could join us."

Dara knew there was a reason why Chaeyoung had come, and knew not to pry. It was Christmas, and there was no need for dwelling on negative feelings on Christmas.

"Girls, could you set the table? Half an hour till the feast."

Jisoo groaned and set down her sketchbook. The drawing of Jennie was yet to be finished, and she hastily closed the page before the model herself could glimpse at it. Jennie frowned, and Jisoo offered her an apologetic smile.

"I don't share unfinished work."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "Perfectionist."

"I just don't want you looking at it and telling me it's awful."

"Jisoo, I can't even draw a stick figure without screwing it up. Everything you make is beautiful."

Jisoo stood up then, and grabbed Jennie's shoulders. "If you say so."

Jennie thought Jisoo was going to kiss her, but instead she flipped her around and began pushing her towards the dining room.

"Come on, the sooner we set the table the sooner we eat."

Lisa and Chaeyoung were left standing in the doorway of the living room, and for a while, neither of them spoke. Lisa shifted slightly, bouncing on the balls of her feet, unsure of what to do or say. Chaeyoung, on the other hand, raised her eyes to look around, and caught sight of a few leaves hung from the door frame above them.

"Lisa."

"Huh?"

"Look. Mistletoe."

Lisa glanced up to see the green leaves hanging above their head, but quickly returned to look at the woman before her. The mischievous smirk that resided on Chaeyoung's face was quickly wiped away when Lisa pushed her back against the doorframe and pressed her lips to hers, her body melding into hers all-too perfectly. This kiss was of yet another new sort, neither rough and demanding nor gentle and soft – no, this kiss was pure lust and need, neither taking or giving but more than clearly telling Chaeyoung what Lisa wanted.