Chapter 69

Jennie's prediction was more than correct – at some point during the afternoon the next day, Jisoo felt her flinch the tiniest bit beneath her, and turned to look at her curiously.

"You alright?"

Jennie nodded. "Yeah. I think I just started my period."

"What?"

"I can feel the cramps," Jennie muttered, shifting a little. "Yep. Definitely started."

Jisoo went to get up, but Jennie's arms around her waist pulled her back into her lap. "Don't go."

"Don't you need to, you know, gear up?"

Jennie laughed. "No."

Jisoo turned around in Jennie's lap and gave her a confused look. "No?"

"I'm already geared up."

"You know, I do have a question – do you even use anything? 'Cause I haven't ever seen or heard you buying or even touching a tampon or a pad, and the drawer in the bathroom always looks the same. Do you hide your stuff or something?"

Jennie laughed again, leaving Jisoo utterly confused. "I don't use pads or tampons."

"Then what the fuck do you use?"

"A cup."

Jisoo frowned. "A cup? Really?"

"Yeah. It's the easiest option, really."

"How can a cup inside your body be the easiest option?" Jisoo wondered aloud. "I hate the feeling of tampons, surely a cup's even worse?"

Jennie shook her head. "I can't even feel it."

"Are you wearing it right now?"

"Yep. Put it in this morning. No accidental leaks there."

Jisoo grumbled. "It was one time."

"I know, I was just teasing..." Jennie murmured.

"I'm curious, though. How big is it?"

"You've never seen one?"

"No?"

"Jisoo, it's not some huge appliance that you shove into yourself."

"Gimme an estimate."

"I've got a spare one in the bathroom. You wanna see it?"

"This is a weird conversation."

"We're just talking about cups made of silicone."

"Cups meant to be worn inside your body."

"Well, yes, but-"

"It's a little weird."

"Fine, then you won't see it."

"No, I want to. I'm curious."

And so they went upstairs and Jennie showed Jisoo the cup, and after about two seconds of looking at it Jisoo ushered Jennie out of the bathroom.

"There's gotta be a line somewhere," she explained through the door, "And I think this is it."

Jennie chuckled and leaned against the door. "Just fold it like I showed you, and-"

"Yeah, yeah, stick it up there. I think I know how to do that."

There was a moment of silence, followed by a little gasp.

"Jennie?"

"Yeah?"

"Is there supposed to be pressure?"