Chapter 35

They spent the next hours complaining about their pain and being tended to by an increasingly annoyed Chaeyoung. Irene and Bogum woke up with killer hangovers, but managed to stumble into a cab and get themselves home to go fix their dying livers and pounding brains. Chanyeol spent a long while laying around, complaining despite the fact that he wasn't really as hungover as the three (Chaeyoung didn't count as she wasn't hungover at all) who'd basically spent 12 hours drinking non-stop. When Suho finally did wake up, Chanyeol half-carried him downstairs and into a cab, thanking them all for a fun night but also cursing Lisa for having Suho drink so much, knowing he'd have to spend the rest of the day with an irritable Suho who most likely cared very little for anything other than vomiting and wanting to die.

Jennie crawled her way downstairs a little while after Chaeyoung had forced them to get up, and had dragged every blanket in the house to an armchair, into which she had burrowed herself. Chaeyoung had grumbled about it at first, but then gone back a little while later with a bucket and a glass of water.

Jisoo was refusing to leave the bathroom floor. Chaeyoung couldn't get her to budge.

"Jennie, would you please go get Jisoo? She'll get cold, laying on the tiles like that."

Jennie grumbled and burrowed herself further in her blankets. "Fuck off, Chaeyoung."

But Chaeyoung wasn't budging. "Her back will start hurting."

Jennie groaned. "Chaeyoung, I'm literally dying. Leave me be."

Chaeyoung sighed and went back upstairs to check on Jisoo. Before she could enter the bathroom, however, she heard a few stifled sobs, and immediately circled around, practically running back to the living room to get Jennie.

"Your wife is crying. Go fix it."

That got Jennie moving faster than Chaeyoung had expected. The mountain of blankets flew off of her as she darted up, only to pause for a brief moment to regain her senses and stop the room from spinning before stumbling over to the stairs and up to the bathroom. She found Jisoo curled up in the bathtub, tears streaking her cheeks as she sobbed, her attempts to stifle them failed and only making them sound more painful. The instant she saw her, Jennie felt like she'd been punched in the gut – she had no idea why Jisoo was crying, only that she was and that she had to make her feel better.

"Jisoo?"

The dark-haired's head snapped up and she stared at Jennie, surprised and almost shocked to see her there. She opened her mouth to say something, but found her mouth was so dry that she couldn't get the words out. Jennie realized this, and got a glass of water, not even noticing her own pounding head or churning stomach. All that mattered to her was the fact that Jisoo was upset.

"You wanna get out of the tub?"

Jisoo nodded and stood up, and Jennie held her waist as she climbed out. They were both weak and trembling from the lack of any sustenance in their stomachs, but even so, Jennie gritted her teeth and supported Jisoo's weight almost completely. She led them out of the bathroom and to their bed, where Jisoo collapsed almost immediately, dragging Jennie down along with her.

"What's wrong, Jisoo?" Jennie asked, her voice tentative.

Jisoo bit her lip and sighed. "It's...god, please don't be mad."

Now Jennie was thoroughly afraid. "What is it?"

"I lost my ring."

All the scenarios in Jennie's head – cheating, leaving, divorce – shattered and all that was left was complete and utter surprise.

"You lost your ring?"

"I knew you'd be mad, I just- I don't know where it is, I-"

Jennie let out a laugh, and Jisoo froze, now confused. "Why are you laughing?"