Chapter 50

(Their birthday in this fic doesn't match on their birthday in real life. This is a convert and a fiction.)

*****
Days passed, and the cut on Jisoo's hand faded away, and with it did fade the anger they'd felt for one another – though the tension was still there, still underlying and ready to be confronted once again, they were comfortable again. Jisoo felt safe now that she knew that Jennie understood what she felt, and felt comfortable allowing herself to be upset over little things like updates about the case and the occasional moments she got where she panicked about the possible outcomes.

The case was long and cumbersome, and according to Taeyeon it would be a couple of months before it would even be processed to the point where they'd have to think about it again. Of course there were some details which were required, like financial statements and things like that, but overall the case required little effort or thought from them.

Jennie returned to work, and Jisoo started going around looking for a possible job; even with the knowledge that Jennie's salary could support them if necessary, she found herself wanting to ensure that she'd be contributing as well if it came to that. She'd been looking for a job for a few months now, but not very actively – but now she was looking with aim, and was not set back by each rejection she received.

Their anniversary was fast approaching, and she found herself desperately trying to think of something to get Jennie – it had to be something meaningful, something beautiful and thoughtful and perfect for Jennie, but she was yet to figure it out.

Three days before Valentine's day, she sat Jennie down to talk.

"Okay, so, Valentine's day is coming."

Jennie smiled and nodded. "It is."

"And our anniversary."

"Yes."

"And your birthday."

"Yes."

"That's a lot of holidays in the span of a week."

"I was thinking we could just merge Valentine's and our anniversary, since I don't see any point in going all out on days just five days apart – do you?"

"We could do a Valentine's breakfast? Taeyeon's giving us all the morning off."

"That sounds nice," Jisoo agreed. "Just a nice, comfortable morning date on Valentine's, and then we go all out on our anniversary. That's reasonable, right?"

Jennie smirked. "So long as I get to take your clothes off on both days, I'll be happy."

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "You're very blunt, aren't you?"

"Just voicing my expectations," Jennie murmured as she leaned in for a kiss, "Because it'd be a shame if we didn't have sex on our anniversary. That's basically an unspoken rule of marriage, right?"

Jisoo laughed and kissed her, her hand sliding around Jennie's neck and bringing her closer. "Sure, we'll have sex. All the sex."

"You make it sound so romantic."

"I do," Jisoo grinned. But then her smile melted away, and she looked at Jennie with a worried expression. "Shit. Valentine's day is coming."

Jennie was confused. "You just said that."

"No, I mean – Lisa, she's going to be alone. On Valentine's day."

"That's shit."

"I know," Jisoo sighed. "Is Chaeyoung going to do anything, do you know?"

"Of course not."

"I don't know, she could-"

Jennie kissed her again, interrupting her train of thought. "It was just a joke. Chaeyoung's got a plan."